Produced by Elsevier, ClinicalKey is a search engine and database of peer-reviewed and evidence-based clinical information resources designed to support physician patient care decisions. Elsevier's content is subject to a rigorous peer-review process by doctors, clinical pharmacists, and nurses to ensure its reliability.
Search or browse ClinicalKey’s resources, which include:
- Books – over one thousand Elsevier medical and surgical reference book titles.
- Clinical Trials
- Drug Monographs
- Patient Education – many handouts can be downloaded and printed in multiple languages, but only the English version can be viewed on the site.
- First Consult – a decision support resource that leverages evidence based medical information to provide easy access to the latest on evaluation, diagnosis, clinical management, prognosis, and prevention.
- Procedures Consult – video, text, and illustrations for top medical procedures.
The search engine quickly filters relevant content from all these information resources to support patient care decision making.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit is provided through the Cleveland Clinic for Continuing Education.
Leverage insights for better patient outcomes anytime, anywhere with the ClinicalKey mobile app – available for both Apple and Android devices.
- Open the App Store (Google Play or App Store) on your mobile device
- Search for “ClinicalKey” and install at no charge
- Once in the app, two options will appear – Click on ClinicalKey
- Enter your ClinicalKey username and password used for remote access and start using the ClinicalKey App!
If you do not already have an account, create one in 4 easy steps:
- Go to www.ClinicalKey.com and click Register in the top right corner.
- Using your UB email address, fill in the required information on the registration page.
- Click Register when finished. ClinicalKey will display an activation message and sends a confirmation email.
- In the confirmation email, click the link to officially start your remote access.*
*This will grant 180 days of remote access. Prior to the end of the 180 days, log into your ClinicalKey personal account while on your Institution’s IP. This will extend access another 180 days. Should your remote access expire, follow the above steps to re-activate your access.