Biomedical Engineering Research: Handbooks & Encyclopedias
Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas
- Visible Body Human Anatomy Atlas 2017
Includes 3D models of the male and female, cross section, MRI scan, cadaver images, 3D moving models of muscles and bones, and more. Definition, pronunciation, and disease descriptions are available. With this resource, you can create views into the human body, rotate and zoom into body regions, dissect anatomy, view structures from all body systems, compare models side-by-side with cadaver images and diagnostic images, and test your knowledge using a 1,000+ question test bank. This application can be downloaded and installed on a mobile device or used on a computer.
- Wiley Encyclopedia of Biomedical Engineering
Major resource containing over 350 peer reviewed articles and more than 2,000 tables, figures, and illustrations.
[Once connected, from the left-hand side menu under FIND ARTICLES, select either "Articles by Title" or "Articles by Subject." Or over on the right-hand side of the page, click on where it says "Search in this Book" to get to a new page with a search box for searching the encyclopedia by keywords.]
- Comprehensive Biophysics
Covers biophysical techniques for structural characterization of macromolecules and cells, folding of proteins and nucleic acids, molecular motors and motility, membranes, channels, cell biophysics, bioenergetics, and simulation and modelling.
- Comprehensive Biomaterials II, 2nd edition
Seven-volume online encyclopedia that addresses the current status of nearly all biomaterials in the field, their strengths and weaknesses, their future prospects, appropriate analytical methods and testing, device applications and performance, emerging candidate materials as competitors and disruptive technologies, research and development, regulatory management, commercial aspects, and applications, including medical applications.
- Reviews in Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine
Formerly titled the Encyclopedia of Molecular Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, this reference work covers both the molecular and cellular basis of life and medicine.
[Once connected, from the left-hand side menu under FIND ARTICLES, select either "Articles by Title" or "Table of Contents." Or over on the right-hand side of the page, click on where it says "Search in this Book" to get to a new page with a search box for searching the encyclopedia by keywords.]
- Encyclopedia of Materials Science & Technology
Eleven-volume encyclopedia providing comprehensive coverage of topics in materials science and technology with a particular focus on functional phenomena, structural phenomena, fundamental core theory, structural materials, polymers and materials chemistry, and functional materials.
- Comprehensive Nanoscience and Technology
Five-volume encyclopedia focusing on the major classes of nanomaterials in terms of their synthesis, structure, and applications.
Selected Online Handbooks
Below is just a small selection of books and handbooks we have available electronically. Please also use the UB Libraries "Everything" Search to search our entire collection of print and electronic book resources.
- Biomedical Engineering Fundamentals (CRC Press, 2006)
- Introductory Biomechanics - From Cells to Organisms (Cambridge University Press, 2007)
- Ganong's Review of Medical Physiology (McGraw-Hill, 25th edition, 2016)
- Introduction to Biomechatronics (SciTech Pub., 2012)
- Biomaterials Science: An Introduction to Materials in Medicine (Elsevier, 2nd edition, 2004)
- Engineering Materials for Biomedical Applications (World Scientific, 2004)
- Mechanical Testing for the Biomechanical Engineer: A Practical Guide (Morgan & Claypool, 2015)
- Biomedical Technology and Devices (CRC Press, 2nd edition, 2014)
- Handbook of Materials for Medical Devices (ASM International, 2003)
- Biomedical Technology Assessment: The 3Q Method (Morgan & Claypool, 2010)
- Optical Design for Biomedical Imaging (SPIE, 2010)
- Drug Delivery: Engineering Principles for Drug Therapy (Oxford University Press, 2001)
Electronic Handbook Collections
- Knovel E-Books: Science and Engineering
Excellent place to start researching any engineering topic and for help with homework assignments. Provides full-text access to an online collection of several thousand science and engineering books. Many of the books have interactive tables, graphs and equations. More info
- Synthesis Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science
Full-text access to "born-digital" books in engineering and computer science. Check out the Synthesis Lecture Series in Biomedical Engineering. More info
- Annual Reviews
Includes the Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering as well as critical reviews of current research in other areas of engineering and the life, physical, and social sciences. More info
Access to full text of the current editions of nearly 70 medical textbooks and reference books published by McGraw-Hill; the content in these sources is continually being updated. More info
Citation Management Software
|UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers. Contact me for more information.|