Biomedical Engineering Research: Standards & Test Methods
The UB Libraries have a selected collection of standards and specifications. Some are in print while others are accessible online. Major sets that relate to biomedical engineering are listed below.
ASTM International (formerly, American Society for Testing & Materials)
- ASTM Standards - UB has all of the ASTM standards and test methods in print. The title of this 70+-volume set is The Annual Book of ASTM Standards. It is kept on the lower level inside Lockwood Library in the Science & Engineering Reference Collection, where it is shelved under the call number TA 401 .A64. Volume 1 is the index for the set and contains both a subject and alphanumeric listing of all of the standards included in the collection. If you need an ASTM standard from this set, you can contact Erin Rowley, Engineering Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.
IEC - International Electrotechnical Commission
- We have several IEC standards related to medical devices in our collection in print:
- IEC 60601-1:2005+AMD1:2012, Medical electrical equipment. Part 1 General requirements for basic safety and essential performance. Lockwood Library Sci & Engr Reference Collection R856.6 .M43 2012
- IEC 60601-1-2:2014, Medical electrical equipment. Part 1-2, General requirements for basic safety and essential performance--collateral standard: electromagnetic disturbances--requirements and tests. Lockwood Library Sci & Engr Reference Collection R856.6 .M4312 2014
- IEC 60601-1-6:2010+AMD1:2013, Medical electrical equipment. Part 1-6, General requirements for basic safety and essential performance--collateral standard: usability. Lockwood Library Reference Collection R856.6 .M4313 2013
- IEC 62366-1:2015, Medical devices. Part 1, Application of usability engineering to medical devices. Lockwood Library Sci & Engr Reference Collection R856.6 .M43 2015
IEEE - Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers
- IEEE Standards (Current) via IEEE Xplore - UB has online access to the full text of all IEEE standards through IEEE Xplore. Click on IEEE Xplore. Once connected, from the top menu select BROWSE and then from the pull-down menu select "Standards"; then use the search box to search by keyword or by standard number if you have one.
Citation Management Software
|UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers. Contact me for more information.|