Physics: Best Internet Resources: Properties
This guide contains some of the best physics resources freely available on the Internet.
Physical Properties & Data
- DOE Data Explorer - Master repository of scientific research data for U.S. Dept. of Energy sponsored research
- Fundamental Physical Constants (NIST)
- Landolt-Bornstein Substance / Property Index - Keyword searchable as well as molecular formula, element system, CAS Registry Numbers, chemical name, and zeolite indicies. UB has most of the older print volumes on the Lockwood Science & Engineering Reference shelves (QC61.L33 & QC61.L332).
- Naval Research Laboratory Plasma Formulary - Constants and formulas of mathematics & physics
- Smithsonian Physical Tables (9th rev. ed.)
- Tables of Physical and Chemical Constants (Kaye & Laby - 16th ed. 1995) - free full-text access to this classic reference work: fundamental constants, general physics, chemistry, atomic and nuclear physics, engineering data, statistical methods, lab safety and quality assurance. A table of contents display is supplemented with a search engine.