Skip to main content
Law and Legislation
Provides access to bills; government press releases and background information about bills; legislative summaries; speeches in Parliament; and voting records. The FAQ feature describes how a bill becomes a law and other Parliamentary procedures; and how to locate information in the database.
- Library of Parliament Research Publications
A division of the Library of Parliament that prepares background studies for members of Parliament on all aspects of Canadian socioeconomic, cultural, international, and scientific affairs. Hundreds of reports are online.
- Parliament of Canada — Democracy in Action
Provides a brief overview of the Canadian parliamentary process.
- Parliamentary Process - Canada's Parliament at work
Describes current and historical information.
- Related Information
Outlines current and historical relationships among Parliament, government departments, the courts, and political parties.
- Canadian Legal Research Resources (University at Buffalo. Law Library)
Web guide prepared by UB law librarians that including general sites, government sites, and legal associations.
- Canada Gazette (Public Works and Government Services Canada. Canada Gazette Directorate)