Chemical & Biological Engineering Research: Handbooks & Encyclopedias
- Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry
Detailed articles covering all areas related to chemical technology.
- Encyclopedia of Chemical Physics and Physical Chemistry
Covers the basic aspects of the application of physics to chemistry including important experimental and computational techniques and applications.
- Encyclopedia of Inorganic and Bioinorganic Chemistry
The result of a merger of two major reference works (the Encyclopedia of Inorganic Chemistry and the Handbook of Metalloproteins), contains over 10,000 pages of regularly updated reference information on topics in inorganic and bioinorganic chemistry.
- Comprehensive Biophysics
Covers biophysical techniques for structural characterization of macromolecules and cells, folding of proteins and nucleic acids, molecular motors and motility, membranes, channels, cell biophysics, bioenergetics, and simulation and modelling.
- Encyclopedia of Catalysis
A-to-Z reference work covering the most significant aspects of homogeneous, heterogeneous, asymmetric, biomimetic, and biological catalysis.
- Comprehensive Nanoscience and Technology
Five-volume work that focuses on the major classes of nanomaterials in terms of their synthesis, structure, and applications.
- Encyclopedia of Materials Science & Technology
Eleven-volume encyclopedia providing comprehensive coverage of topics in materials science and technology with a particular focus on functional phenomena, structural phenomena, fundamental core theory, structural materials, polymers and materials chemistry, and functional materials.
- Comprehensive Biomaterials II, 2nd edition
Seven-volume online encyclopedia that addresses the current status of nearly all biomaterials in the field, their strengths and weaknesses, their future prospects, appropriate analytical methods and testing, device applications and performance, emerging candidate materials as competitors and disruptive technologies, research and development, regulatory management, commercial aspects, and applications, including medical applications.
Biological Engineering Handbooks
Below is just a small selection of books and handbooks we have available electronically in the biological engineering area. Please also use the UB Libraries "Everything" Search to search our entire collection of print and electronic book resources.
- Bioprocess Engineering - An Introductory Engineering and Life Science Approach (Woodhead Publishing, 2013)
- Bioseparations Science and Engineering (Oxford University Press, 2nd edition, 2015)
- Introductory Biomechanics - From Cells to Organisms (Cambridge University Press, 2007)
- Manual of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology (American Society for Microbiology, 3rd edition, 2010)
- Natural Product Chemistry for Drug Discovery (RSC Publishing, 2010)
Chemical Engineering Handbooks
Below is just a small selection of books and handbooks we have available electronically in the chemical engineering area. Please also use the UB Libraries "Everything" Search to search our entire collection of print and electronic book resources.
- Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook (McGraw-Hill, 2007)
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics (CRC Press, 97th edition)
- Coulson & Richardson's Chemical Engineering Vol. 1, Fluid Flow, Heat Transfer and Mass Transfer (6th edition, 1999)
- Coulson & Richardson's Chemical Engineering Vol. 2, Particle Technology and Separation Processes (5th edition, 2002)
- Coulson & Richardson's Chemical Engineering Vol. 3, Chemical & Biochemical Reactors and Process Control (3rd edition, 1994)
- Vol. 1 - Properties and Selection: Irons, Steels, and High-Performance Alloys
- Vol. 2 - Properties and Selection: Non-Ferrous Alloys and Special-Purpose Materials
- Vol. 3 - Alloy Phase Diagrams
- Vol. 4 - Heat Treating
- Vol. 5 - Surface Engineering
- Vol. 6 - Welding, Brazing, and Soldering
- Vol. 6A - Welding Fundamentals and Processing
- Vol. 7 - Powder Metal Technologies and Applications
- Vol. 8 - Mechanical Testing and Evaluation
- Vol. 9 - Metallography and Microstructures
- Vol. 10 - Materials Characterization
- Vol. 11 - Failure Analysis and Prevention
- Vol. 12 - Fractography
- Vol. 13A - Corrosion: Fundamentals, Testing, and Protection
- Vol. 13B - Corrosion: Materials
- Vol. 13C - Corrosion: Environments and Industries
- Vol. 14A - Metalworking: Bulk Forming
- Vol. 14B - Metalworking: Sheet Forming
- Vol. 15 - Casting
- Vol. 16 - Machining
- Vol. 17 - Nondestructive Evaluation and Quality Control
- Vol. 18 - Friction, Lubrication, and Wear Technology
- Vol. 19 - Fatigue and Fracture
- Vol. 20 - Materials Selection and Design
- Vol. 21 - Composites
- Vol. 22A - Fundamentals of Modeling for Metals Processing
- Vol. 22B - Metals Process Simulation
- Vol. 23 - Materials for Medical Devices
Citation Management Software
|UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers. Contact me for more information.|