Industrial & Systems Engineering Research: Standards & Test Methods
The UB Libraries have a selected collection of standards and specifications. Some are in print while others are accessible online. Major sets that relate to industrial and systems engineering are listed below.
Military Standards Related to Human Factors & Ergonomics
- Critical Task Analysis Report (DI-HFAC-81399)
- Human Engineering Requirements for Military Systems, Equipment, and Facilities (MIL-STD-46855)
- Human Engineering Design Approach – Maintainers (DI-HFAC-80747)
- Human Engineering Design Approach – Operator (DI-HFAC-80746)
- Human Engineering (MIL-STD-1472)
- Human Engineering Design Guidelines (MIL-HDBK-759)
- Human Engineering Simulation Concept (DI-HFAC-80742)
- Human Engineering Systems Analysis Report (DI-HFAC-80745)
- International Specification for Technical Publications Utilising a Common Source Data Base (ASD-S1000)
- Noise Limits (MIL-STD-1474)
- Definitions of Human Factors Terms (MIL-HDBK-1908)
- Human Engineering Program Process and Procedures (MIL-HDBK-46855)
- Noise Measurement Report (DI-HFAC-80938)
ASTM - American Society for Testing & Materials
- ASTM Standards - UB has all of the ASTM standards and test methods in print. The title of this 70+-volume set is The Annual Book of ASTM Standards. It is kept on the lower level inside Lockwood Library in the Science & Engineering Reference Collection, where it is shelved under the call number TA 401 .A64. Volume 1 is the index for the set and contains both a subject and alphanumeric listing of all of the standards included in the collection. If you need an ASTM standard from this set, you can contact Nancy Schiller, Engineering Librarian, email@example.com.
IEEE - Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers
- IEEE Standards (Current) via IEEE Xplore - UB has online access to the full text of all IEEE standards through IEEE Xplore. Click on IEEE Xplore. Once connected, from the top menu select BROWSE and then from the pull-down menu select "Standards"; then use the search box to search by keyword or by standard number if you have one.
Citation Management Software
|UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers. Contact me for more information.|