Skip to main content
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Canadian Patents Database: This database provides access to Canadian patent. Titles, issue dates, classifications, inventors, and assignees are searchable back to 1869. Abstracts and claims are searchable from August 15, 1978. Full-text images are available back to 1869.
- European Patent Office
- Japan Platform for Patent Information (J-Plat Pat): Searchable database of patent information held by the Japanese Patent Office available for free via the Internet. J-PlatPat provides around 110 million documents of patents, utility models, designs and trademarks and their relevant information that have been published since the end of the 19th century. Access consists of English summaries of patents and patent applications as well as Japanese text.
- Intellectual Property Office of the People's Republic of China: The web site includes a link to the China Patent Inquiry System, which can be directly accessed at: http://cpquery.sipo.gov.cn/.
- Directory of Intellectual Property Offices around the world, A to Z, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.