SciFinder Access & Support Guide: Home
Welcome to the UB Libraries SciFinder registration page. To access SciFinder, individual user registration is required which is separate from your UBIT name and password. SciFinder provides access to six major databases from Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) and the National Library of Medicine's MEDLINE. See our SciFinder product description page for general information about searching the database, once you have registered.
This product is provided for academic research to current authorized University at Buffalo faculty, students and staff only. Please review the license terms on the second tab.
How to Register in order to Access SciFinder
Step 1- Access the UB/CAS SciFinder Registration Site.
The registration site provides a confidential URL that must not be shared with any non-UB affiliated person. To access the registration site, you must be a current authorized University at Buffalo faculty, student or staff member and have a UBIT Name and password.
Note: If you used SciFinder at a previous institution, you must re-register using your buffalo.edu email
Step 2- Create Your Account.
Once you're at the UB/CAS SciFinder Registration Site, register your name, address, UB e-mail account (@buffalo.edu). You will be asked to create your own user name and password that is separate from your UBIT name and password, although you may choose to use your UBIT name and password, should you wish and you have a sufficiently secure password that meets CAS standards. Your user name and password must be kept completely confidential and not shared with any other person, UB-affiliated or not.
Step 3- Access SciFinder.
Once you're registered, you can access the SciFinder database and sign in.
SciFinder® is for Educational Use ONLY. Commercial use of your University account is strictly prohibited. By clicking the Accept button, I agree to the terms below:
- I am a current faculty, staff member, or officially registered student of the University.
- I will use SciFinder ONLY for my own academic research.
- I will NOT use SciFinder for commercial research or for research that involves patentability searching.
- I will not share my unique username and password with any other individual.
- I may store no more than 5,000 records in electronic format at any one time.
- Violations of these terms may result in your University losing SciFinder access
- You will contact the University Libraries' Key Contact (A. Ben Wagner) with any questions related to the use of SciFinder.