Toolkit for SEAS Students: Handbooks, Properties, Patents and More: About This Toolkit
Links for engineering students to standards, properties data, essential engineering handbooks, software manuals, and more.
Looking for properties data?
Need an equation, formula, or schematic?
Want to know what standards relate to your project?
- classic handbooks in each area of engineering (aerospace, biomedical, chemical, etc.),
- databases that will lead you to journal and magazine articles,
- properties data,
- standards and test methods,
- patents (great source for ideas and for detailed technical information),
- selected software manuals and guides, and
- Knovel (pronounced "novel"), an engineering database with full text and lots of numeric data.
You've come to the right place. This toolkit was designed specifically for undergraduate engineering students doing design projects, but it will also be useful for all students completing engineering homework assignments and research projects.
This toolkit provides online access to:
Use the tabs above to access these resources online.
And do not hesitate to contact UB's Engineering Librarian, Nancy Schiller, firstname.lastname@example.org, for help with finding the information you need.
Begin Your Research in Knovel
|Excellent place to start researching any engineering topic and for help with homework assignments, Knovel provides full-text access to an online collection of several thousand science and engineering book, many of which have interactive tables, graphs and equations.|