FAQ for Clinicians: Home
Off Site Access
Q: How do I access resources from the UB Libraries off site?
A: Login with your UBIT name and password.
This is the same information that you use for many other IT services, including your UB email.
- If you do not know what your UBIT name is, go to Find Your UBITName.
- If you need to activate your UBIT name, go to Activate Your UBITName.
- If you established a password but do not remember it, go to Forgot Your UBITName Password.
If you need help with your UBIT account, please contact the UBIT Help Center.
If you are affiliated with UB, you can request articles and other materials for free using our request service, Delivery+!
Q: How do I...?
Request articles using the Article Linker button
- After locating an article in a UB Libraries database, click on the Article Linker button.
- If the article is not available, click Place Delivery+ Request.
- Click Delivery+ Request.
- Log in with your UBIT name and password.
- You should see a Journal Article Request form. All the required fields will be auto-populated.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the form and click Submit Request.
Request books/book chapters through the catalog
- Search for the item using the Libraries' catalog.
- Click on the title of the item you want.
- Scroll to the bottom of the catalog record.
- Click Delivery+ Book Request.
- From here, decide if you need the entire book (Request Book) or just a particular chapter (Request Book Chapter).
- For book requests, click Delivery+ Request and log in with your UBIT name and password. On the next screen, choose a pickup location. Click Next. Review your request and submit it. For book chapter requests, log in and then review the form. Make sure you include the details about the chapter you need. Then Submit Request.
For faculty members, books will be delivered to the address listed in the UB Directory. Books can be delivered to any location where UB Campus Mail is picked up and delivered. Downtown and off-campus locations served by UB Campus Mail can be found here.
Retrieve the articles or book chapters I requested
- You will be emailed when your request has been filled.
- Log in to your Delivery+ account with your UBIT name and password.
- Hover over Delivery+ Requests.
- Click on Journal Articles Received.
- View or download the article or book chapter within 30 days.
Finding Full Text Articles
Q: Why go through UB?
A: Quick full text access!
The UB Libraries subscribe to hundreds of electronic databases and thousands of electronic journals, as well as electronic books. Your affiliation with the University at Buffalo allows you to access these resources from anywhere using your UBIT name and password. Many articles are available by clicking the Article Linker button found in UB Libraries databases or via our extensive e-journal collection. Articles that are not immediately available can be requested.
Example: Finding full text articles in PubMed
- Navigate to the PubMed database by starting at the Health Sciences Library site.
- Click the Biomedical Databases drop down menu and select PubMed from the list.
- Run a search in PubMed.
- Click on the title of the article you are interested in.
- Once you are on the page for that record, look for Full text links in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on the Article Linker button (see image below).
- This will lead to the full text or to a Place Delivery+ Request button if the libraries do not have electronic access to the article.
Q: Can I access UpToDate from home?
A: Yes, please see this page for more details. Note that in order to have off site access, you need to create an account at a site with UpToDate Anywhere. Log in to this account on site every 90 days to maintain access.