National Consumer Law Center (NCLC)
Last Updated: Oct 15, 2018 12:25 PM
These materials are IP accessible via a paid subscription. A valid UBIT name and password allows for remote access. Non-UB patrons can access this material using a research station on campus with a valid courtesy card.
The NCLC website includes IP accessible versions of the newest editions of its treatises and their updates.
Below are some of the features listed on the NCLC website that are included in our access:
- Analysis—Up-to-date analysis of all areas of consumer law.
- Access— Each treatise grants access to scores of pleadings, forms, and other legal documents that will help you in your practice, all fully integrated into the treatises’ table of contents.
- Advanced Searches—Perhaps the most exciting new tool in NCLC’s online digital library is the search functionality, for the pleadings, primary sources, and full text of the treatises. Using a wide variety of filters and terms, the user can easily narrow down results to the subsection or document that they’re looking for.
- Links—Links to treatise subsections, pleadings, primary sources, and external websites are live and integrated into the text.
- Highlight Updates—Clicking the highlight updates checkbox on content pages, allows you to easily view recently added material and to check the corresponding footnote numbers in the current edition of the print book.
- Footnotes—Footnotes are presented in two formats. The first is the traditional way, at the bottom of the subsection just like in the print book. The second format is a feature designed specifically for our new digital library. If a footnote number is clicked, a “light box” or fancy popup box opens allowing you to view the footnote without scrolling to the bottom. This light box also contains the surrounding footnotes.
- Bookmarks and Recently Viewed Content—Users can bookmark pages for easy access later, and the site also lists pages users have “recently viewed,” allowing you to jump right back to them.
- All Devices—The NCLC Digital Library is compatible with any size device and is specifically formatted to display on tablets, smartphones and desktop computers.
- Copy/Paste, Download, Print or Email Content—Find what you need, then copy/paste it into your briefs, download a complete subsection in PDF, or even email a subsection to others."
Treatise Titles Included:
- Access to Utility Service
- Consumer Bankruptcy Law and Practice
- Fair Debt Collection
- Foreclosures and Mortgage Servicing
- Student Loan Law
- Automobile Fraud
- Consumer Warranty Law
- Federal Deception Law
- Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices
- Consumer Litigation
- Collection Actions
- Consumer Arbitration Agreements
- Consumer Class Actions
- Consumer Law Pleadings
- Consumer Banking and Payments Law
- Consumer Credit Regulation
- Credit Discrimination
- Fair Credit Reporting
- Mortgage Lending
- Truth in Lending
Consumer Banking and Payments Law
Law KF974.B83 2009
Consumer Class Actions
Law KF8896.S74 2006
Law KF697.F6 R36 2007
The Cost of Credit
Law KF1040.K44 2009
Law KF2036.A8 S33 2007
Consumer Warranty Law
Law KF919.C6 S54 2006
Law KF1040.S54 2009
Fair Debt Collection
Law KF1024.H63 2008
Law KF1024.S54 2008