UB 199 Toolkit: Home
Welcome to the UB199 Toolkit! Here you will find resources and tools to successfully integrate Information Literacy instruction into the UB 199 seminars. The content in this guide is designed to accommodate any seminar, regardless of subject area.
Instructors, please use this guide to:
- Request a librarian for library instruction
- Select any tool to incorporate into a course on your own
- Assess student learning
To request that a librarian visit your classroom, please use the form linked from our Instruction Request page. Please give us 2 weeks notice prior to your preferred date, to allow us time to try and schedule your customized session. We will do our best to accommodate your request. We have the most availability during the first two weeks of class, and the last five weeks of the semester.
In the event a librarian is not available to visit your classroom in person on your preferred date, we welcome you to use the resources that we have included here in your course:
(1) The Research One Stop Guide has short videos (2 minutes or less) that will get students started on their research paper or assignment.
(2) We also have created a UB Seminars Research Roadmap online tutorial, and information about that is included below.
(3) The Assessment tab above lists several methods by which you may evaluate how your students have progressed in their research methods and skills.
UB Seminars Research Roadmap Enrollment Instructions
We have created an assignment for use in your course, called the UB Seminars Research Roadmap. This is an online assignment/assessment created by UB Educational Services Team librarians, and customized for the UB 199 Seminars. It is a 16 question tutorial that will lead your students through the research process from receiving a specific assignment, finding and evaluating relevant sources, citing their sources, and how to seek help from a librarian.
To access the Research Roadmap, please ask your students to:
- Login to UBlearns
- Select Courses from the menu along the top of the screen
- In the Course Search box, enter "UB Seminars Research Roadmap"
- When the result appears, hover over the Course ID, and select the drop down arrow that will appear
- Select Enroll
- Select Submit, and then OK
Students will then be taken into the Research Roadmap, and further instructions for completion appear therein. If you would like to see your students' results, please ask your students to either print their result screen which appears in My Scores, or to take a screenshot of their My Scores page and submit that to you digitally. We hope that this proves a useful teaching and evaluative tool for your course.