Chemistry: Best Internet Resources: Books & Journals
This guide contains some of the best chemistry resources freely available on the Internet.Last Updated: Aug 9, 2018 2:01 PM
Books, Journals, Open Access
See also the Home Tab.
- BookFinder.com - One of the best & largest meta-search site for new & used books.
- CAS Source Index (CASSI) - current and discontinued scientific and technical serial titles worldwide including journals, online preprint servers, conference proceedings, patent document series, meeting publications, and monographs containing collections of papers. [Note: this online version is missing some information from the CD product available at the Lockwood Reference Area CD Workstation.]
- Beyond CASSI (pre-1907 journal abbreviations) - Historic sci/tech journal abbreviations that pre-date Chemical Abstracts coverage.
- CAplus (Chemical Abstracts) Core Journal Coverage List - Journals indexed cover-to-cover; includes standard ACS title abbreviations.
- Chemical Sciences Article Repository (RSC) - Easily deposit, share and discover high quality, Open Access (OA) articles such as those funded by RCUK, the Wellcome Trust or NIH. Includes citation and altmetrics.
- Directory of Open Access Journals (Lund Univ.) - Over 9,700 peer reviewed, freely available journals, the most comprehensive directory on the Web. Article level search also available.
- Directory of Open Access Repositories -OpenDOAR (Univ. of Nottingham) - an authoritative international directory of academic open access repositories.
- East Asian Gateway Service Document Delivery (Univ. at Pittsburgh) - Free, fast delivery of Chinese documents/articles to any individual researchers for research and teaching purposes where the needed item is not in any U.S. library.
- Google Books - Over 15,000,000 books and magazine issues, with material added daily.
- HathiTrust - Over 8.7 million scanned items, all described by precise metadata. Full-text of copyrighted items (~73%) are generally inaccessible.
- Index Translationum (UNESCO) - 1.3 million translated books
- Landolt-Bornstein Substance / Property Index - Keyword searchable as well as molecular formula, element system, CAS Registry Numbers, chemical name, and zeolite indicies. UB has most of the older print volumes on the Lockwood Science & Engineering Reference shelves (QC61.L33 & QC61.L332).
- The Online Books Page (John Mark Ockerbloom, Univ. of Penna.) - A meta-search & directory of over 800,000 freely available online books.
- Publish or Perish (Anne-Wil Harzing) - a downloadable, free program analyzing Google Scholar citations to an author's publications. Reports statistics such as ave. cites per paper and h-index & related metrics. Disclaimer: Google Scholar citation data is noisy & includes non-peer reviewed citing documents.
- RoMEO - Over 400 publisher copyright and self-archiving policies (SHERPA)