Chemistry: Best Internet Resources: Software
See also the Educational Tab.
- Data & Property Calculation Web sites (Univ. of Illinois at Chicago)
- Estimation Program Interface (EPI) Suite (U.S. EPA) - Physical/chemical property and environmental fate estimation model calculations
- Macs in Chemistry (Cambridge MedChem Consulting) - Features a blog, scores of various applications including educational software, reviews, interactive activities, data analysis tools, citation management software, and mobile science apps.
- OSRA: Optical Structure Recognition - converts graphical structures in electronic documents like journal .pdf files into SMILES notation.
- Protein Explorer, formerly RasMol
- The Scientific Web - Aid for locating scientific software
Student’s Guide to Chemistry Freeware (Dr. Stephen Cabaniss, Univ. of New Mexico) - a carefully annotated guide with helpful screen shots and evaluations of the strengths and weakness of select software. Includes an excellent page on free 3D visualization software. As of 10/9/2012, it had last been updated in July 2011.