Counseling and Psychotherapy in Video, Sound & Streaming: Resources @ UB
On this Page
The UB Libraries support a rich collection of video and sound recordings produced by the American Psychological Association and other publishers. These recordings present real and simulated clinical sessions. They offer a unique opportunity to see and hear the luminaries of the field (e.g., Aaron Beck, Albert Ellis, Virginia Satir) as well as ordinary practitioners in action.
Video: Please check the UB Catalog for availability. The loan period for the physical materials is 10 days.
Sound: The sound recordings may be accessed by clicking the link below.
Streaming: The streaming video may be accessed by using the link to Counseling and Psychotherapy in Video, also below.
Please feel free to contact your librarian for assistance.
For more detailed information about streaming video and audio resources, please visit this guide, which addresses common questions and offers troubleshooting advice.
- Counseling and Therapy in Video This link opens in a new windowOnline collection of video available for the study of social work, psychotherapy, psychology, and psychiatric counseling. More InfoStreaming Media UB ONLY
The Alexander Street (Proquest) platform contains online videos of actual and simulated sessions of counseling and psychotherapy. It also includes lectures, interviews with well-known therapists, and excerpts from psychological consultations.
Two nice features are (1) the on-screen transcripts that accompany each video and (2) the availability of keyword searching. This search capability enables users to zero in on specific disorders, themes, techniques, populations, and the like. The database currently contains hundreds of videos (350 hours).
- Abused woman DVD 703: RC489 .W35 2006
- Accelerated experiential dynamic psychotherapy DVD 1104: RC489 .E96 A33 2007
- Adlerian therapy VHS 1446: BF175.5 .A33 A34 19
- Adolescent family therapy VHS 1362: RJ503.A315 2003
- Adolescent girls who are suicidal DVD 1118: HV6546 .A33 2008
- Advanced techniques of hypnosis and therapy: working with resistance (Erickson) DVD 278: RD495.A38 2003
- Alcohol and drug counseling skills DVD 1121: RC564.68 .T54 2001
- An intimate history of family therapy DVD: 828 RC488.5 .I587 2002
- Angry couple DVD 693: RC488.5 .A54 2006
- APA psychotherapy videotape series VHS CATOLOGED BY INDIVIDUAL TITLE
- Art therapy has many faces DVD 729: RC489 .A7 A78 2004
- Awkward situations in counselling VHS 1957: BF637 C6 A88 1992
- Basic counseling responses VHS 359: BF637.C6 H32 1999
- Basic interviewing skills DVD 1150: BF637 .I5 I58 2000
- Behavior therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder VHS 790: RC533 .T876 1997
- Blended families DVD 1109: RC488.5 .S218 1989
- Bowenian therapy VHS 1222: RC488.5 .B68 1998
- The boy who can’t stop fighting DVD 827: RJ506 .A35 B69 2001
- Boys and fatherhood VHS 403: HQ756.7 .J63 1997
- Brief dynamic therapy VHS 913: RC489.P72 B74 2004
- Brief therapy in action: anxiety, arousal, or anger? VHS 1529: RC480.55
- Brief therapy with adolescents DVD 1127: RC480.55 R754 2007
- Carl Rogers conducts an encounter group VHS 1731: RC488 .R65 1980
- A case study of multiple personality: the three faces of Eve DVD 1140: RC569.5 .M8 T45 2006
- Challenge of counseling teens DVD 770: RJ506 .P63 S66 2005
- Child-centered play therapy: a clinical session DVD 728: RJ505 .P6 L263 1997
- Child-centered play therapy: a clinical session VHS 140: RJ505 .P6 C45 1997
- Child custody DVD 802: KF547 .C45 2007
- Chronic illness VHS 1455: RC108 .C47 2003
- The client-centered approach: Carl Rogers DVD 1156: RC481 .R57 1985
- Client-centered therapy VHS 1318: RC466 .A4 1994
- The clumsy counsellor VHS 1884: BF637 .C6 C55 1992
- Cognitive-affective behavior therapy VHS 1527: RC466 .A4 1994
- Cognitive-behavior therapy VHS 1319: RC466 .A4 1994
- Cognitive-behavioral child therapy VHS 1778: RJ505 .C63 C64 2003
- Cognitive-behavioral couples therapy VHS 898: RC488.5 C63 2004
- Cognitive-behavioral relapse prevention for addictions (Marlatt) VHS 1528: RC489 .C63 C646 1996
- Cognitive therapy for borderline personality disorder VHS 1526: RC569.5
.B67 C63 1997
- Cognitive therapy for depression VHS 1389: RC480.55.B752 1999
- Cognitive therapy for panic disorders VHS 1376: RC535 .C63 1997
- Cognitive therapy with couples: the initial phase of treatment VHS RC489
.C63 C655 1996
- Comparing therapies using a simulated client VHS 1626: RC475.5 .C65 2000
- Communicating between cultures DVD 1123: HM1211 .C648 2004
- Constructivist therapy VHS 1720: RC488.5 .C66 1994
- Constructivist therapy DVD 111: RC480.5 C66 2004
- Coping with anger VHS 155: RC489.R3 C66 1996
- Counseling the antisocial client: working with resistance and denial DVD 1130: RC555. C68 2007
- Counseling children: a microskills approach VHS 1530: RJ504 .I95 1999
- Counseling Latina/Latino clients VHS 1488: RC451.5 H57 C68 2005
- Counseling with choice theory VHS 1725: RC489 .R37 G53 1990
- Couples at an impasse DVD 803: RC488.5 .C643 2007
- Coupleshypnotherapy VHS 1722: RC495 .C68 1999
- Couplestherapy: changingbeliefsystemsVHS 1718: RC488.5 .C63 2003
- Couples therapy for extramarital affairs VHS 1312: RC488.5.C685 1996
- Couple therapy for depression VHS 1451: RC488.5 .C684 2005
- Cultural diversity in mental health counseling VHS 911: BF637.C6 C775 1999
- Cultural issues in rehabilitation VHS 807: LC5806.U8 C897 1997
- Culture-sensitive couples therapy VHS 1719: RC488.5 .C85 1996
- Demonstration of brief rational-emotive behavior therapy (Ellis) VHS 226: RC480.55.D35 1996
- Demonstration of cognitive therapy of depression: a dramatization - acute exacerbation of depression and suicidal wishes during treatment (Beck) VHS 225: RC537 D39 1978b
- Developmental play therapy DVD 1132: RJ505 .P6 B76 1997
- A different kind of caring: family therapy with Dr. Carl Whitaker VHS 1384: RC488.5 .D53 1986
- Differential diagnosis in psychiatry (7-part series) DVD 504: RC473.D54 D54 1998
- Drug and alcohol abuse VHS 1453: RC564 .D78 2003
- DSM-IV personality disorders (Millon) DVD 1109: RC554 .D78 1999
- Effective psychoanalytic therapy of schizophrenia and other severe disorders VHS 1320: RC466 .A4 1994
- Effective psychotherapy with men DVD 786: RC451.4 .M45 E34 2006
- EMDR for trauma: eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (Shapiro) VHS 748: RC489 .E98 S53 1997
- EMDR: working with grief VHS 240: RC489.E98 E64 1999
- Emotion-focused therapy for depression VHS 901: RC489.F62.E46 2004
- Emotion-focused therapy over time DVD 816: RC489 .F62 E66 2007
- Emotionally focused therapy with couples DVD 801: RC488.5 .G7 2007
- Ethnocultural psychotherapy VHS 1317: RC466 .A4 1994
- Evolution of a group VHS 1327: BF637.C6 E96 2000
- Existential-humanistic psychotherapy in action DVD 704: RC489 .E93 E932 2005
- Existential/humanistic theory in practice VHS 899: RC480.5 .E94 2004
- Existential therapy DVD 1124: RC489 .E93 E95 2007
- Experiential counseling and psychotherapy VHS RC489.E96 E93 2001
- Experiential psychotherapy VHS 1377: RC466 .A4 1994
- A family at the point of growth (Satir) VHS 5: RC488.5 .F3 1983
- Family relations DVD 1110: RC488.5 F35 1989
- Family systems perspective VHS 1321: RC466 .A4 1994
- Family systems therapy with an individual: conducting the first two sessions VHS 297: BF637.C6 F25 1989
- Family therapy with patients having physical health problems VHS 1313: RC488.5 .F366 1996
- Feminist therapy VHS 1374: RC466 .A4 1994
- Forgiving parents DVD 1112: RC488.5 .F68 1989
- Functional family therapy VHS RC488.5 .A43 2004
- Gender differences in depression DVD 848: RC488.5 .G46 2006
- Gestalt therapy DVD 112: RC489.G4 G47 2004
- Gestalt therapy, humanization of technique (Polster) VHS 626: RC489.G4 P63 1990
- Gestalt therapy with children VHS 1779: RJ505 .G47 G47 2003
- Getting started in group psychotherapy DVD 242: RC488.G47 1988
- Grounded play therapy VHS 1712: RJ505 .P6 G76 1995
- Group work for eating disorders and food issues VHS 1714: RC552 .E18 G76 1995
- Groupwork: leading in the here and now VHS 1715: RC488 .G76 1985
- Hypnosis and exploring options VHS 1108: RC497.H95 1998
- Hypnosis for pain control DVD 1117: RC497 .H97 2008
- I'd hear laughter: finding solution for the family VHS 1219: RC480.55 .I33 1995
- I'm not leaving you; I'm just going out for awhile: solution-oriented therapy with a same sex couple (O'Hanlon) VHS 1388: RC489.S65 I46 1998
- Improving your counseling skills VHS 427: BF637 .C6 I47 1998
- Individual therapy from a family systems perspective DVD 1119: RC489 .F33 F36 2007
- An initial counseling interview VHS 1883: BF637 .C6 I52 1987
- The inner world of counseling with Carl Rogers VHS 1525: RC481.I56 1993
- Integrative family therapy DVD 1129: RC488.5 .R45 2007
- Integrative hypnotherapy for an impulse problem: an Ericksonian approach VHS 1385 & 1387: RC495 .I589 1996
- Interviewing for solutions VHS 1531: HV43.D45 2002
- Introductory counseling skills VHS 1882: BF637 .C6 1985
- Irvin Yalom live case consultation DVD702: RC480.5 .I78 2006
- Jay Haley on directive therapy VHS 1536: RC488.5 .J39 2000
- The legacy of unresolved loss DVD 698: RC455.4 .L67 L44 2006
- Listening for understanding DVD 1139: HF5549.5 .C6 L58 1981
- Live demonstrations of rational-emotive therapy (Ellis) VHS 239: RC489.R3 E455 1990
- The love lab VHS 1492: HQ10 .L68 2002
- Merry go round or roller coaster? a demonstration of couples' psychotherapy VHS 1533: HQ10 .M47 2005
- Mind-body therapy VHS 1315: RC489 .M53 M56 1998
- Mindful therapy DVD 1133: BF575 .S75 M56 2007
- Mindfulness for addiction problems DVD 1116: RC489 .S676 M56 2005
- Mixed anxiety and depression DVD 700: RC531 .M44 2005
- Moreno movies DVD 699: RC489 .P7 M67 2006
- Motivational interviewing VHS 1348: RC533.M68 2003
- Multimodal therapy (Lazarus) VHS 1316: RC466 .A4 1994
- My name is Walter James Cross: the reality of schizophrenia DVD 1120: RC514 .M96 2004
- Narrative counseling for schools DVD 831: RC488.5 .N377 2000
- Neurolinguistic Programming: the fundamentals of NLP DVD 1138: RC489 .B4 N67 1989
- Obsessive-compulsive behavior DVD 1134: RC533 .O27 2007
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder DVD 1137: RC533 .O256 2005
- Older couples DVD 1128: HQ1061 .A46 2004
- Play therapy: bouncing into the basics DVD 863: RJ505 .P6 P528 2006
- Play therapy with a young child VHS 11: RJ505 .P6 A67 1997
- Practical psychotherapy with adolescents VHS 1523 & 649: RJ503 .P737 1996
- Prescriptive eclectic therapy VHS 1323: RC466 .A4 1994
- Process experiential psychotherapy VHS 1322: RC466 .A4 1994
- Process experiential psychotherapy: an emotion-focused approach DVD 1125: RC489 .E96 P76 2007
- The promise of group therapy: the middle phases DVD 1126: RC488 .P76 1997
- Psychoeducation group demonstration: a career development group for international students DVD 1717: BF637 .C6 P78 1999
- Psychotherapy of children with conduct disorders: using games and stories VHS 656: RJ506 .C65 P794 1996
- Psychotherapy over time DVD 799: RC480.5 .P775 2006
- Reality therapy VHS 1314: RC489 .R37 R43 1998
- Reality therapy groups VHS 1716: RC489 .R37 R28 1995
- Relapse prevention over time DVD 1135 (discs 1-3): RC564 R465 2007
- Relationships. Couple therapy for depression VHS 1451: RC488.5 .C684 2005
- Relationships. Forgiveness VHS 1490: BF637 .F67 R45 2004
- Relationships. Gay, lesbian, and bisexual clients VHS 1452: HQ76.25 .R45 2004
- Relationships. Treating difficult couples VHS 1486: RC488.5 .T74 2005
- Relationships. Working with stepfamilies VHS 1454: HQ759.92 R45 2004
- Responding therapeutically to patient anger VHS 1489: RC569.5 .A53 R47 1995
- Responding therapeutically to patient expression of sexual attraction: a stimulus training tape VHS 1449: RC455.2 .E8 R47 1999
- Short-term dynamic therapy VHS 1324: RC466 .A4 1994
- Social justice in action: examples of practice and visions of the future DVD 1131: HM671 .S63 2007
- Solution-focused brief counseling: two actual interviews with a child DVD1105: BF637 .C6 S55 2005
- Solution focused brief therapy VHS 1724: RC488.5 B47 1993
- Solution focused therapy VHS 1311: RC489 .S65 S64 1998
- Solution-oriented art therapy with children and adolescents DVD 829: RJ505 .A7 S65 2003
- Solution-oriented therapy (O'Hanlon) VHS 1345: RC488.5 .S64 1998
- Spiritual awareness psychotherapy DVD 1114: RC489 .S676 M55 2005
- Strategic therapy VHS 1344: RC489.S76 S77 1998
- Structural therapy VHS 1343:RC488.5 .S778 1998
- Teenage girls VHS 1767: RC488.5 L675 2007
- Teen’s view of grief VHS 1784: BF724.3 .G73 T44 1994
- The ten commandments of communicating with people with disabilities DVD 1122: HV1553 .T46 2007
- Therapeutic journeys; mental health and drug problems: working with young adults and adolescents DVD 1106: RC564.68 T54 2003
- Therapeutic three generation family reunion (Whitaker) VHS 848: RC488.5 .W45 1990
- Therapies DVD 1108: BF121 .T53 2001
- Therapist-client boundary challenges DVD 1115: RC455.2 .T54 2004
- Time-limited dynamic psychotherapy DVD 697: RC480.5 .T56 2005
- Tools and techniques for family therapy DVD 701: RC488.5 .T66 2006
- Treating alcoholism in psychotherapy DVD 708: RC565 .T726 2005
- Understanding group psychotherapy DVD 706: RC488 .U6 2006
- The unmotivated patient: a gestalt therapist's approach (Polster) VHS 1354: RC489 .G4 U64 2002
- The use of the genogram in brief therapy VHS 1785: RC488.5 .U84 1996
- Uses of metaphors and poetry in counseling VHS 1721: RC489 .P6 U84
- Virginia Satir: divorced parents and children DVD 1111: RJ507 .D59 1989
- When the presenting problem is too many problems VHS 900: RC488.5 .W44 1997
- Why am I here? Engaging the reluctant client VHS 972: HV11.W49 2002
- Working with African American clients VHS 1487: RC451.5 .N4 W67 2005
- Working with Asian American clients VHS 1485: RC451.5 .A75 W66 2005
- Working with couples considering divorce DVD 800: RC488.5 .W67 2007
- Working with Native Americans VHS 1491: RC451.5 .N38 W67 2005
- Agoraphobia multiform behavioral treatment [electronic resource] / prepared by Steven T. Fishman.
- Anxiety disorders [electronic resource] / David Barlow.
- Assertion training series [electronic resource] : a guide to self-dignity / Julio J. Guerra, Sherwin B. Cotler, and Susan Morgan Cotler.
- Beyond biofeedback [electronic resource] : behavioral medicine & health management / by Donald Denver ... [et al].
- Brief psychotherapy and crisis intervention. [electronic resource] by Albert Ellis & Eliot Abrahms.
- Cognitive therapy of an avoidant personality [electronic resource] / by Aaron T. Beck.
- Cognitive therapy of depression [electronic resource] : demonstration of an initial interview / Aaron T. Beck, therapist ; Jeffrey E. Young, commentary.
- Coping for kids [electronic resource] : [a complete stress-control program for students ages 8-18] / Gerald Herzfeld, Robin Powell.
- Coupling skills, a cognitive behavioral systems approach [electronic resource] / by Robert L. Weiss.
- DSM-III personality disorders [electronic resource] : diagnosis and treatment / Allen J. Frances.
- Helping cancer patients cope [electronic resource] : a problem-solving intervention for health-care professionals / Harry J. Sobel & J. William Worden.
- Family therapy and social change [electronic resource] / by Neil M. Solomon.
- Fun as psychotherapy [electronic resource]. / by Albert Ellis
- Making yourself heard [electronic resource] : a guide to assertive relationships / Robert E. Alberti.
- Malingering and deception [electronic resource] : the clinical interview / Richard Rogers and Phillip J. Resnick.
- Marital therapy [electronic resource] : a social learning cognitive perspective / Neil Jacobson.
- Mixed scanning relaxation training program [electronic resource] : advanced instructions / by C.H. Hartman.
- Multimodal training aids [electronic resource] / by Arnold A. Lazarus.
- Passive muscle relaxation [electronic resource] / Mark S. Schwartz, Stephen N. Haynes.
- Psychological control of pain [electronic resource] / Ronald Melzack, Campbell Perry.
- Quieting reflex training for adults [electronic resource] / by Charles F. Stroebel ; Judith Procter, narrator.
- Rational emotive therapy [electronic resource] : clinician's guide / by Albert Ellis.
- Relaxation procedures for warmth [electronic resource] / by Judith Procter.
- Sensory awareness relaxation procedure [electronic resource] / by Steven T. Fishman in consultation with Gerald C. Davison.
- Separation, divorce, and beyond [electronic resource] : challenges for today's therapist / James L. Framo ... [et al.].
- Shyness--What is it? What to do about it [electronic resource] / by Philip G. Zimbardo.
- Therapeutic paradox [electronic resource] : restraint from change techniques in family therapy / Lynn Hoffman.
- Treating children and adolescents [electronic resource] / by Frank M. Dattilio and Mark A. Reinecke.
- Workshop, the relaxation response [electronic resource] : a bridge between psychology and medicine / Herbert Benson ... [et al].
Related Resource Guides
by Amanda McCormick Last Updated May 25, 2023 1229 views this year
by Amanda McCormick Last Updated Apr 4, 2023 2504 views this year
Liaison to CAS Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Psychology
Liaison to School of Social Work
Schedule an appointment with me: https://tinyurl.com/25vdy7t2; also email/call