Last Updated: Aug 25, 2022 4:34 PM
Connect to Database
This database is freely available to the general public via the Internet.
Google Scholar is an easy-to-use, web-based database that indexes and and searches peer-reviewed journal articles, books, theses, preprints, and technical reports from all areas of research. Although Google Scholar holds much potential, it should NOT replace the UB library Catalog or subject-specific databases when conducting library research.
When you search Google Scholar from on the UB campus it recognizes you are entitled by licensing agreements to view full-text articles.
If you are a current member of the UB community and using Google Scholar from off-network, you should complete the following steps:
- Go to: https://scholar.google.com/
- Click on "Settings" in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on "Library Links" on the left-hand side
- On the next screen, type University at Buffalo into the "Library Links" box.
- Scroll down and click on "Save ."
- Start searching.
- When you link to a full-text article from off campus you will be presented with a log-in screen. Log in with your UBIT name and password.