National Fire Protection Association Codes and Standards
Last Updated: Mar 25, 2021 9:48 AM
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) provides free, read-only access to codes and standards, including the National Fire Code (NFPA-1) and the National Electrical Code (NFPA-70). To access codes and standards for free, click the link to access the NFPA site above and follow the steps below:
- Select the link of the code/standard # (first column).
- Once on the specific page, click the "Free Access" button located under the title.
- Use the pull-down feature to select the Free Access edition available.
- Select "View"
- Review the agreement terms.
- Use the "Table of Contents" or the "Next" button (bottom of page) to view the chapters/sections.
Please note: You will be asked to "sign-in" or create a profile to access the code/standard in read-only format.
Date coverage varies. The current versions of codes and standards are freely accessible. Older versions are available for purchase.