SOM Undergraduate Honors Program - Fall 2020: Home
This guide was created specifically for the fall 2020 SOM Honors Cohort (Kingfisher Recruitment Group). Below you will find databases, links and tips for researching your project.
Do not hesitate to reach out to me (your librarian) with any questions! Even though we are remote this semester, I remain available via email and Zoom for consultations.
- Mergent Intellect This link opens in a new windowConduct an advanced search to find other recruitment companies in Singapore. From the list, you can find those of comparable size (by number of employees, revenue, sales, etc.) to Kingfisher.
Industry --> SIC code: 7361 (Employment Agencies)
Location --> Continent: Asia/Pacific --> Country: Singapore
- Gale Business: Insights This link opens in a new windowUse Company Finder (use to the Company link located within the Browse tab in the main navigation bar) to pull lists by location and industry code.
Along with checking out the company websites for competitors, consider looking up the latest news and company profiles in the following databases.
- Factiva This link opens in a new windowGet the latest news from a variety of international sources.
Consider using the "Companies/Market" tab in Factiva to search for companies details, financials and news at the same time.
- Mergent Intellect This link opens in a new windowIncludes financial, leadership and news from public and private companies in the U.S., Canada and internationally.
When searching for international companies, make sure you uncheck the box above the search bar that states: Results will only include U.S. Companies.
- Gale Business: Insights This link opens in a new windowDetailed company and industry reports, profiles, and news.More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
Industry Influencers & Background
- Gale Business: Insights This link opens in a new windowUse this database to find global industry reports, including current market influences, global leaders, and more.
Under Industry search --> Employment Placement Agencies
This industry profile will provide links to several industry essays, along with links to articles in the news, trade journals, rankings, and associations.
Evolution of Employees & Recruitment
Use the following databases to search for articles regarding employee recruitment, companies and candidates needs, and the evolution of the recruitment industry. Don't forget to consider the impact of the COVID-19 crisis.
Suggested keywords: employer skill requirements; employee recruitment; job (hunting or searching)
- Business Collection This link opens in a new windowA comprehensive collection of business, trade, and international publications.
- Business Source Complete This link opens in a new windowBusiness-related research and information. (U.S. focused but international scope)
- Emerald Fulltext This link opens in a new windowFocus on the fields of management, accounting, marketing, health care, library and information science, plus some coverage of engineering, and education.
- Factiva This link opens in a new windowA great place to find latest news on recruitment, employee job searching, and more.
Industry Classification Codes
Some databases will allow you to search for industries by North American Industry Classification Codes (NAICS) and/or Standard Industrial Classification codes (SIC). Below are codes you might want to consider using. Please note that there might be related industries or companies classified differently. Searching via keywords as well is also recommended.
|541612 - Human Resources Consulting||7361 - Employment Agencies|
|561311 - Employment Placement Agencies||7361 - Employment Agencies|
|561312 - Executive Search Services||7361 - Employment Agencies|