USA Trade Online
Last Updated: Jul 7, 2020 12:07 PM
Connect to Database
USA Trade Online provides import and export statistics to and from the U.S. Measurements cover the value and quantities of traded commodities by Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HS) codes, trading partners, and customs ports. HS codes are an international method of classifying related industries and products by either 2, 4, 6, or 10 digits, 2 being the broadest category and 10 the most specific. For example:
- 49 Represents printed books, newspapers, and manuscripts.
- 4901 Represents books, brochures, and similar printed matter
- 490191 Represents dictionaries, encyclopedias and serial.
- 4901910020 Represents dictionaries, including thesauruses
Consult two videos, Accessing and Using the Trade Statistics (with USA Trade Online) and State Exports (with USA Trade Online), for basic instructions about using the database.
Two sources of background information include the Guide to Foreign Trade Statistics, a comprehensive introduction prepared by the Census Bureau.
- Annual import and export data for the most recent completed 2 years.
- Annual import and export date for the most recent completed 4 years.
- Annual import and export data for the most current 10 years.
- Monthly import and export data cumulative from January through the most recent month for the current year and the most recent completed year.
- Monthly import and export data for the most recent 2 months.