Dissertations & Theses: Guide to Research: Identifying Dissertations and Theses
Identifying Dissertations and Theses
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global This link opens in a new windowComprehensive North American and significant international coverage of graduate works, often providing full-text documents from 1997 on.
- Proquest Dissertations & Theses @ SUNY Buffalo This link opens in a new windowA subset of ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global which limits your search to UB.
- FirstSearch WorldCat This link opens in a new windowYou can search for Masters theses and doctoral dissertations in FirstSearch WorldCat using the Advanced Search feature. Change the Keyword box setting to Material Type and type in: thesis or dissertation. In the second box, type in the keywords that best describe your topic.
- Master's Theses DirectoriesCall Number: Lockwood Ref Z5055 U5 M46Covers 1993-2009; formed by the union of: Master's theses directories. Education; Master's theses directories. Arts and social sciences; and: Master's theses directories. Natural and technical sciences.
- Master's Theses in the Pure and Applied SciencesCall Number: Lockwood Library Science & Engineering Ref Z5521 S83Covers 1955-1972
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)An international federation of universities has created this repository of electronic theses and dissertations. Click on Global ETD Search to run a search.
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations (OATD)OATD amis to be the best possible resource for finding open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world. Metadata (information about the theses) comes from over 600 colleges, universities, and research institutions.
- PQDT OpenPQDT Open provides the full text of open access dissertations and theses free of charge.
- EThOSThe British Library's Electronic Theses Online Service offers free access to the full text of UK theses, allowing researchers to tap into this rich and vast body of knowledge. Delivered through a single web interface, the service includes theses stored electronically by the British Library, as well as those held by other universities, and will digitize theses on demand as required by researchers.
- CRL's Foreign Doctoral Dissertations DatabaseCRL holds more than 800,000 doctoral dissertations from universities outside of the U.S. and Canada. The collection was built by deposits from member libraries and exchange or depository arrangements with almost 100 universities. All dissertations can be most easily searched in the dissertation scope of the CRL catalog, which has drop-down searches for country and university.
- OpenthesisFree repository of theses, dissertations, and other academic documents, coupled with powerful search, organization, and collaboration tools.
- Theses Canada PortalThis site provides citations and some abstracts to dissertations and theses submitted to the National Library of Canada since 1965. Free full-text electronic access to Canadian dissertations and theses published from 1998 to August 31, 2002.
- Dissertation ReviewsSince 2010, Dissertation Reviews has featured more than 1000 overviews of recently defended, unpublished doctoral dissertations in a wide variety of disciplines across the Humanities and Social Sciences. The site's goal is to offer readers a glimpse of each discipline’s immediate present by focusing on the window of time between dissertation defense and first book publication.
421 Lockwood Library, North Campus