FRED - (Federal Reserve Economic Data)
Last Updated: Feb 2, 2022 11:20 AM
Connect to Database
This database is freely available to the general public via the Internet.
A database of approximately 3000 economic time series maintained by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Most data were either collected by the Federal Reserve System or published in Federal Reserve documents. Statistics are either monthly or quarterly. Locate data by broad categories or by searching keywords. Categories include the following broad topics:
- Business and fiscal issues
- Consumer price index (CPI)
- Employment and population
- Exchange rates
- Federal Reserve Bank-St. Louis District data
- Gross domestic product (GDP) and its components
- Interest rates
- Producer price index (PPI)
- Reserves and monetary issues
- Trade and international transactions
- U.S. financial data
View charts and graphs, and text files online, or download statistics into Excel files or text files.
FRED includes data that had been revised when appropriate. See ALFRED (ArchivaL Federal Researve Economic Data) to view the original statistics.
Searching Tips: FRED Help
Dates vary depending upon variables.
References include online PDF files.
- Annual Statistical Digest (Federal Reserve)
Capen Multimedia Center MicFiche HA195 .A8 9364-5 (Covers 1970-1993 in various compilations)
PDF files: http://fraser.stlouisfed.org/publications/astatdig/ (1970-2000 in various compilations with gaps)
- Banking and Monetary Statistics [1914-1941] (Federal Reserve)
Lockwood HG2493 .A52
- Banking and Monetary Statistics, 1941-1970 (Federal Reserve)
LOCKWOOD HG2493 .A5
- Federal Reserve Bulletin (Federal Reserve)
Lockwood Documents US FR 1.3:(1915-2005 with gaps)
- Survey of Current Business (U.S. Department of Commerce)
Lockwood Documents Call number varies depending upon years (1921+with gaps)