HathiTrust Digital Library
Last Updated: Sep 2, 2020 4:27 PM
Connect to Database
This database is freely available to the general public via the Internet.
HathiTrust is a partnership of over 100 research libraries, including the University at Buffalo Libraries, that provides access to a collection of millions of books, serials and other titles digitized from libraries around the world.
There are over 16 million volumes currently being preserved in HathiTrust and over 6 million volumes are accessible in the public domain. More information about HathiTrust is here.
Log in to get the most out of our HathiTrust membership!
- Click the yellow log in icon at the top right of the HathiTrust home page or to go directly to the log in page.
- From the pull down menu, select "University at Buffalo, The State University of New York."
- Enter your UBIT name and password (if prompted).
- Ability to download full volumes of works not in copyright as PDF's (instead of one page at a time).
- Ability to create and save collections.
- For users with print disabilities, access can be provided to text-enabled PDF's of titles owned by the UB Libraries (regardless of copyright status).
- Access to full-text of titles owned by the UB Libraries that are brittle or otherwise unusable, as covered under US Copyright Section 108 (regardless of copyright status).
Help using HathiTrust (searching, printing, downloading materials):
Collection Builder: when logged in, users can create permanent or private collections that gather together related resources for future use. Help creating collections is available here.
Full-text access is available for public domain (often published before 1923) and other open access titles.
Full-text access is not available for titles under copyright, though researchers can use the detailed bibliographic information available in HathiTrust for all titles to search the University at Buffalo Libraries catalog or Worldcat.