International Human Rights of Women -- Web Resources (FREE): Additional Resources
Additional Random Materials
From clause to effect: including women’s rights and gender in peace agreements
by Cate Buchanan, Adam Cooper, Cody Griggers, Lira Low, Rita Manchanda, Rebecca Peters and Antonia Potter Prentice
Centre for Humanitarian Dialogue, 2012
pdf (106 pp.)
Abortion Rights Go Global: International courts begin to recognize them—and prompt a backlash.
By Michelle Goldberg. Jan. 29, 2009 (Slate)
Women's Human Rights: The International and Comparative Law Casebook
by Susan Deller Ross
See Table of Contents.
Rossrights.com is no longer a free online site
ReliefWeb is a specialized digital service of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
Resources on humanitarian information on global crises and disasters since 1996. Including:
--Protection and Human Rights:
International Regulation of Reproductive Rights
Reproductive Rights, International Regulation (Max Planck Encyclopedia of Public International Law) by Julia Gebhard & Diana Trimiño last updated October 2009)
Below is a list of the SELECT DOCUMENTS (rearranged, with links added) included at the end of the Max Planck encyclopedia entry.
- Protocol to the African Charter on Human and Peoples' Rights on the Rights of Women in Africa (adopted 11 July 2003, entered into force 25 November 2005) OAU Doc CAB/LEG/66.6 reprinted in (2001) 1 AfrHumRtsLJ 53 (Maputo Protocol).
- American Declaration of the Rights and Duties of Man (approved 10 December 1948) (1949) 43 AJIL Supp 133.
- American Convention on Human Rights (signed 22 November 1969, entered into force 18 July 1978) 1144 UNTS 123 (Pact of San José).
- Inter-American Convention on the Prevention, Punishment, and Eradication of Violence against Women (entered into force 5 March 1995) 33 IL M 1534 (1994) (Belém do Pará Convention).
- Additional Protocol to the American Convention on Human Rights in the Area of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (done 14 November 1988, entered into force 16 November 1999) (1989) 28 ILM 156 (Protocol of San Salvador).
- Ana Victoria Sanchez Villalobos y otros v Costa Rica Case 12.361 IACommHR Report No 25/04 OEA/Ser.L/V/II.122 Doc. 5 rev. 1 at 237 (2004).
- IV v Bolivia (Admissibility Report) Case 270-07 IACommHR Report 40/08 OEA/Ser.L/V/II.130 Doc. 22 Rev. 1 (2008).
- María Mamerita Mestanza Chávez v Peru Case 12.191 IACommHR Report No 71/03 OEA/Ser.L/V/II.118 Doc. 70 Rev. 2 (2003) 668.
- Paulina del Carmen Ramírez Jacinto v México Case 161-02 IACommHR Report No 21/07 OEA/Ser.L/V/II.130 Doc. 22 Rev. 1 (2007).
- COE ‘Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms’ (signed 4 November 1950, entered into force 3 September 1953) 213 UNTS 221.
- Boso v Italy (ECtHR) Reports 2002-VII.
- Brüggemann and Scheuten v Germany (ECommHR App 6959/75) (1978) 10 DR 100.
- Open Door Counselling and Dublin Well Woman v Ireland (ECtHR) Series A No 246-A.
Paton v United Kingdom (ECommHR App 8416/78) (1980) 3 EHRR 408.
- RH v Norway (ECommHR App 17004/90) (1992) 73 European Commission on Human Rights Dec & Rep. 155.
- Tysiac v Poland (ECtHR App 5410/04) <http://cmiskp.echr.coe.int/tkp197/default.htm> (1 October 2009).
- Vo v France (ECHR) Reports 2004-VIII 67.
- X v the United Kingdom (ECommHR App 8416/79) (1980) 19 DR 244.
- Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (adopted 18 December 1979, entered into force 3 September 1981) 1249 UNTS 13.
- Fourth World Conference on Women ‘Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action’1995
- International Conference on Population and Development ‘Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development’ (13 September 1994) A/CONF171/13/Rev 1, 2 (Cairo Programme of Action).
- UN Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women ‘General Recommendation No 19: Violence against Women’ (30 January 1992) GAOR 47th Session Supp 38, 1.
- UNGA ‘Follow-up to the Outcome of the Millennium Summit’ (15 September 2005) UN Doc A/60/L.1.
- UNGA Res 55/2 ‘United Nations Millennium Declaration’ (18 September 2000)
- UN HRC ‘Communication No. 1153/2003 Karen Noelia Llantoy Huamán v Peru’ (24 October 2005) GAOR 61st Session Supp 40 vol 2, 214.
- UN HRC ‘General Comment No 28: Equality of Rights between Men and Women (Art. 3)’ (29 March 2000) GAOR 55th Session Supp 40 vol 1, 133.
- UN International Human Rights Instruments ‘Compilation of General Comments and General Recommendations Adopted by Human Rights Treaty Bodies’ (8 May 2006) UN Doc HRI/GEN/1/Rev.8.
Book: A Handbook for Advocacy in the African Human Rights System: Advancing Reproductive and Sexual Health
A Handbook for Advocacy in the African Human Rights System: Advancing Reproductive and Sexual Health, 2nd Edition. Chapel Hill, NC, Ipas Africa Alliance for Women's Reproductive Health and Rights, 2006
2. Reproductive and Sexual Health in Africa
3. The International Human Rights System
4. Reproductive and Sexual Health and the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights
5. The African Human Rights System
6. Interpreting Rights in Domestic Courts and Under the African Charter on Human and
7. Basic African Texts
8. African Regional Declarations, Resolutions and Decisions
9. Resolutions Adopted by the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights
10. Other Interpretive Documents
11. Resources for the Protection of Reproductive and Sexual Rights
12. Other Resources: Print and Website Sources