Information about our collections can be found in four places:
Collections by Topic
- University Archives has several subject concentrations. Resources for major topics can be searched such as "student life," "publications," and "ephemera."
- Finding aids serve as detailed guides to collection contents and include descriptions beyond what is offered in the library catalog. A portion of our archival collections have finding aids.
- The Libraries Catalog contains brief records for archives collections (creator, title, dates, summary, and subjects). Some records contain links to finding aids (detailed collection descriptions) and/or online content.
For help searching our collections, please see the Guide to Research Using Special Collections.
Access to collections is open to researchers with these exceptions:
- Collections stored off-site or at the Libraries Annex require 3 business days’ notice to ensure retrieval. Contact University Archives at 716- 645-2916 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Unprocessed collections may be opened for research with permission and prior review by the University Archivist.
- Records that contain sensitive personal information are restricted in order to protect individual privacy. Certain administrative records are restricted in accordance with University policy. Collections with restricted information are noted as such.