Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research: Encyclopedias & Handbooks
- Wiley Encyclopedia of Biomedical Engineering
Major resource containing over 350 peer reviewed articles and more than 2,000 tables, figures, and illustrations.
- Encyclopedia of Materials Science & Technology
Eleven-volume encyclopedia providing comprehensive coverage of topics in materials science and technology with a particular focus on functional phenomena, structural phenomena, fundamental core theory, structural materials, polymers and materials chemistry, and functional materials.
- Comprehensive Biomaterials II, 2nd edition
Seven-volume online encyclopedia that addresses the current status of nearly all biomaterials in the field, their strengths and weaknesses, their future prospects, appropriate analytical methods and testing, device applications and performance, emerging candidate materials as competitors and disruptive technologies, research and development, regulatory management, commercial aspects, and applications, including medical applications.
- Encyclopedia of Vibration
Three-volume encyclopedia covering everything from basic vibration theory to ultrasonics, from both fundamental and applied standpoints. Areas covered include vibrations in machines, buildings and other structures, vehicles, ships, and aircraft, as well as human response to vibration.
- Encyclopedia of Electrochemical Power Sources
This encyclopedia provides a description of the fundamental design and function of different types of electrochemical power sources, as well as the materials and components used in their construction and manufacture.
- Encyclopedia of Thermal Packaging, Volumes 1-6
This six-volume encyclopedia covers the techniques, tools, applications, and configurations of electronic thermal packaging.
- Comprehensive Nanoscience and Technology
Five-volume encyclopedia focusing on the major classes of nanomaterials in terms of their synthesis, structure, and applications.
Selected Online Handbooks
- AIAA Aerospace Design Engineers Guide (AIAA, 5th edition, 2003)
- Aeronautical Engineer's Data Book (Elsevier, 2002)
- Introduction to Aircraft Structural Analysis (Elsevier, 2010)
- Marks' Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers (McGraw-Hill, 11th edition, 2006)
- Machinery's Handbook (Industrial Press, 31st edition, 2020)
- Mechanical Engineering Design Handbook (Elsevier, 2014)
- Heat Exchanger Design Guide (Elsevier, 2016)
- Engineering Mechanics (Oxford University Press, 2nd edition, 2014)
- Springer Handbook of Robotics (Springer, 2008)
- Biomedical Engineering Fundamentals (CRC Press, 2006)
- Introductory Biomechanics - From Cells to Organisms (Cambridge University Press, 2007)
- Ganong's Review of Medical Physiology (McGraw-Hill, 26th edition, 2019)
- The Mechanics of the Circulation (Cambridge University Press, 3rd ed., 2012)
- Biomaterials Science: An Introduction to Materials in Medicine (Elsevier, 4th edition, 2020)
- Engineering Materials for Biomedical Applications (World Scientific, 2004)
- Mechanical Testing for the Biomechanical Engineer: A Practical Guide (Morgan & Claypool, 2015)
- ASHRAE Handbooks (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers)
- ASM Handbooks
- Vol. 1 - Properties and Selection: Irons, Steels, and High-Performance Alloys
- Vol. 2 - Properties and Selection: Non-Ferrous Alloys and Special-Purpose Materials
- Vol. 3 - Alloy Phase Diagrams
- Vol. 4 - Heat Treating
- Vol. 5 - Surface Engineering
- Vol. 6 - Welding, Brazing, and Soldering
- Vol. 6A - Welding Fundamentals and Processing
- Vol. 7 - Powder Metal Technologies and Applications
- Vol. 8 - Mechanical Testing and Evaluation
- Vol. 9 - Metallography and Microstructures
- Vol. 10 - Materials Characterization
- Vol. 11 - Failure Analysis and Prevention
- Vol. 12 - Fractography
- Vol. 13A - Corrosion: Fundamentals, Testing, and Protection
- Vol. 13B - Corrosion: Materials
- Vol. 13C - Corrosion: Environments and Industries
- Vol. 14A - Metalworking: Bulk Forming
- Vol. 14B - Metalworking: Sheet Forming
- Vol. 15 - Casting
- Vol. 16 - Machining
- Vol. 17 - Nondestructive Evaluation and Quality Control
- Vol. 18 - Friction, Lubrication, and Wear Technology
- Vol. 19 - Fatigue and Fracture
- Vol. 20 - Materials Selection and Design
- Vol. 21 - Composites
- Vol. 22A - Fundamentals of Modeling for Metals Processing
- Vol. 22B - Metals Process Simulation
- Vol. 23 - Materials for Medical Devices
- Composite Materials Handbook ( MIL-HDBK-17)
119 Lockwood Library
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260
Citation Management Software
UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers.
For help using EndNote, click here for the EndNote Basics Guide here. The Guide contains descriptions of features, PDF downloads, and videos on how to use EndNote effectively.
For more help, contact Erin Rowley, Engineering Librarian, email@example.com.