National Journal Group's Policy Central (also known as NationalJournal)
Email Alerts: In addition to our IP/proxy access, we also also receive unlimited personal user accounts with our institutional subscription. These personal log-ins allow users to set custom email alerts. We send NJ the names and email addresses of any interested faculty members or students, and NJ staff create their personal log-ins. Contact: Laura Taddeo or Donald Hartman. Alerts are links to full-text NJ content (some very brief and some lengthy) that are identified by your selection(s) from a list of topic(s). Texts are easily read across various platforms and devices. Once you've registered, if you have questions about your email alerts, managing your account, or scheduling complimentary online training, please contact Caitlin Loyd (202)-266-7163, email@example.com
Special Note: The National Journal offers nonpartisan insight into politics and policy. It is one of the most influential and credible publications for following the nation's political life. Always an insightful and multifaceted resource, it is an excellent resource for staying current with and understanding national election politics. NJGPC provides online access to the National Journal and a suite of resources on the United States government and public policy.
The National Journal is the nation's premier weekly on politics, policy, and government. Published since 1969, it offers non-partisan coverage and analysis. Some of Washington's most insightful journalists contribute. Every story published since 1977 is archived and available.
In addition to the Journal itself, the following resources are available through the site.
- Daily - published every day that Congress is in session and covers all things Hill-related. Information is also pushed out through Daily email alert, NJ Daily Latest Edition. A printable version of the most recent Daily and archived issues is also available online.
- The Hotline - top stories on Presidential, House, Senate and Gubernatorial races. Includes such tools as the 2016 Presidential Travel Tracker, 2016 Presidential Staffer Tracker, and candidate homepages (detailing the latest news, polls, fundraising numbers, staff hires, and more).
- Race Tracker - features customized race dashboards, polling results, FEC campaign finance reports, PAC contributions, independent expenditures, interest group ratings and social media tracking of gubernatorial and congressional elections.
- The Almanac of American Politics - profiles of elected officials, campaign expenditures, voting records, interest-group ratings, and congressional staff look-ups.
- The Daybook - important events on and around Capitol Hill; receive a daily or weekly email alert customized by offices or subjects that interest you.
- My Alerts - subscribe to or adjust preferences for email newsletters, journalism alerts, and Daybook updates
- Archives- full digital archives of journal, Hotline, and Daily issues.
- Briefcase - save content from across the website in one easily accessed location. This feature launches in June or July 2016.
1977 - every NJ article is archived from this date forward.
National Journal: Libraries Annex Per JK1.N28 -- v.7 (1975) - v.20 (1988). Law Library General Collection JK1.N28 -- v.12 (1980) - v.47 (2015). Print edition ceased publication at the end of 2015.