Judicial Directories: New York and Federal Directories
Judge Directories with Reviews and Evaluations
- New York Judge Reviews and Court DirectoryCall Number: KFN5980 .N45 (Law Library NY Alcove)
- Almanac of the Federal JudiciaryCall Number: KF8700 .A19 A46 (Law Library Ref Desk)Profiles and Evaluations of All Judges of the United States Circuit Courts and the United States Supreme Court.
---Volume 1-District Court judges arranged by Circuit (red)
---Volume 2-U.S. Supreme Court justices, and Circuit Court judges (blue)
Also on Westlaw (AFJ database), and LEXIS
Historical Resources - New York
- The New York Bench (Historical Society of the New York Courts)Biographies of NY Judges from various courts, levels, and time periods. Some photographs and other information.
- Oral Histories (Historical Society of the New York Courts)Oral histories of NY judges and legal luminaries
- Courts and Lawyers of New York, A History, 1609-1925(HeinOnline - UB only)
4 v. Albany, NY: Weed, Parsons & Co., 1925
Hurchins, Stephen C.
- The judges of the New York Court of Appeals : a biographical historyedited by Albert M. Rosenblatt.
KF354 .N44 J83 2007 (Law Library Reference and General Collection)
Judicial Directories and Biographical Resources
Almanac of the Federal Judiciary
Profiles and Evaluations of All Judges of the
Volume 1-District Court judges arranged by Circuit
Volume 2-U.S. Supreme Court justices, and Circuit Court judges
Law Library: Reference Desk KF8700 .A19 A46
The American Bench: Judges of the Nation
Biographies of 19,000 judges from all levels of state and federal courts. Also includes jurisdictional, structural, and geographical information on the courts covered.
Law Library: Reference Desk KF8700 .A19 A47
BNA’s Directory of State and Federal Courts, Judges, and Clerks: A State-by-State and Federal Listing
Law Library: Reference Desk KF8700 .A19 K56
Judicial Yellow Book
Federal and State Courts * Judges * Staffs * Biographies
Law Library: Reference Desk KF8700 .A19 J835
Judicial Directory –
Includes a section on the judiciary (with photos)
Law Reference Desk JK3430 .N5
New York Law Journal Judicial Profiles
The New York State Directory
Current ed. -- Law Library Reference Desk JK3430 .N52
Includes short biographies of NY Court of Appeals judges.
Historical Resources- United States Supreme Court
- Biographies of former US Supreme Court Justices(Supreme Court Historical Society)
- Biographies of US Supreme Court Justices (Oyez)Includes current justices and former justices
View by Justice name, or by Court (all the way back to the Jay Court (1789-1790))