ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States
Last Updated: Mar 20, 2023 11:56 AM
Connect to Database
- ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the United States This link opens in a new windowComprehensive single source for U.S. statistics. More InfoData UB ONLY
Remote access to this resource requires a UBITName and password.
The ProQuest Statistical Abstract of the U.S. is an annual statistical compendium that provides a "comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political and economic conditions of the United States". Statistics included in this database were previously available in the U.S. Bureau of Census's Statistical Abstract of the United States. located at http://www.census.gov/library/publications/time-series/statistical_abstracts.html
The wide range of topic includes:
- Births, Deaths, Marriages, and Divorces
- Health and Nutrition
- Law Enforcement, Courts, and Prisons
- Geography and Environment
- State and Local Government Finances and Employment
- Federal Government Finances and Employment
- National Security and Veterans Affairs
- Social Insurance and Human Services
- Labor Force, Employment, and Earnings
- Income, Expenditures, Poverty and Wealth
- Business Enterprise
- Science and Technology
- Forestry, Fishing, and Mining
- Energy and Utilities
- Construction and Housing
- Wholesale and Retail Trade
- Information and Communications
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Arts, Recreation and Travel
- Accommodation, Food Services and Other Services
- Foreign Commerce and Aid
- Puerto Rico and the Island Areas
- International Statistics
All tables include references to the original sources and many contain footnotes. Most information is from U.S. Government sources, but selected tables were extracted from non-government publications.
Dates vary depending upon the topic. Excel files usually cover larger time periods than PDF displays. Consult Print Counterparts and Related Databases for to view historical timeframes beginning with the 1870's.
Datapedia of the United States, 1790-2005: America Year by Year (Bernan Press)
Lockwood Reference HA202 .K87 2001
Historical Statistics of the United States: Earliest Times to the Present (Cambridge University Press)
Lockwood Reference HA202 .H57 2006
Five volumes deal with:
- Work and Welfare
- Economic Structure and Performance
- Economic Sectors
- Governance and International Relations
New York State Statistical Yearbook (New York State Division of the Budget. Office of Statistical Coordination)
Lockwood HA541 .A27 (1967+; most recent in Reference)
Lockwood New York Collection NY BUD 955-3 NEWYS (1968+ with gaps)
Online version: 2002+ located at: https://rockinst.org/nys-statistical-yearbook/
Statistical Abstract of the United States (U.S. Bureau of the Census) (Published by Bernan Press beginning with the 2013 edition)
Architecture/ Planning Library HA 202 year (2000+ with gaps)
Lockwood Library HA 202 year (1878+ with gaps)
Lockwood Reference HA 202 year (1946+ with gaps)
Lockwood Documents (1957+ with gaps)
Statistical Yearbook (United Nations)
Lockwood HA12.5 .U63 (1948+; most recent in Reference)
- Historical Statistics of the United States Millennial Edition Online This link opens in a new window
- UNdata This link opens in a new window
- Data on the Net(University of California. San Diego) Search over 350 Web sites that include statistical data.
- Data.gov(General Services Administration. Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies) Attempts to facilitate the location and downloading of datasets prepared by the federal government. Metadata records are very well done.
- Subjects A to Z(U.S. Bureau of the Census) Links to statistics about hundreds of topics.
- UNESCO Institute for Statistics(UIS) Information pertains to science and technology, education, communications, culture, and literacy for nations throughout the world.