Selecting & Evaluating Editions: Online Resources
- BookfinderA good resource for tracking down first editions and/or signed copies
- Project Muse This link opens in a new windowFull-text journals in the humanities & social sciences. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Empty Mirror Books: Information on Publishers that have Offered Books by the Beats, Small Press Publishers, and Publishers of Modern Poetry
- First Edition Points Online Reference Guide: Searchable Database of Points of Issue for Hundreds of Modern First Edition Books.Includes images of cover, copyright page, dust jacket flaps, etc.
- Pulitzer Prize First Edition GuideDatabase of first edition Pulitzer Prize for fiction books. Includes images and points of issue.
- WorldCat Discovery This link opens in a new windowInformation about books and many other types of materials held by libraries around the world. More InfoUB ONLY
- Bibliography of American LiteratureSearch Tip: To access, click on Individual Collections section. Aims to include all first editions, chronologically arranged, of each author listed. In addition, it includes any book (pamphlet, broadside, etc.) containing the first appearance of any prose (except letters) or poetry by such authors. It records variant issues and states of the first editions, as well as details of illustrations and maps, and standard and variant publishers' bindings. European editions in English are included as and where necessary. Reprints which might be confused with first editions, and subsequent editions containing important textual changes by the author, are briefly noted. Expanded print edition (9 volumes) located in LOCKWOOD LIBRARY / Reference: Z1225 .B55
421 Lockwood Library, North Campus