Last Updated: Aug 25, 2022 5:25 PM
Connect to Database
- Social Explorer This link opens in a new windowDemographic information about the United States including historical data back to 1790. More InfoData UB ONLY
Remote access to this resource requires a UBITName and password.
Reproduces statistical reports and maps based upon U.S. decennial censuses, the American Community Survey (ACS), and data collected by the Association of Religion Data Archives (ARDA).
Can search by maps or tables.
- Can create customized thematic and interactive maps using historical and census data
- Can create data reports that can be exported saved and printed
Census Data Available includes:
- 1790-1930: Covers county, state and national data.
- 1940-2000: Coverage varies depending upon the year. Geographies include tracts, places, counties, zip codes, Congressional districts, states, and the nation.
Association of Religion Data Archives (ARDA)
ARDA attempts to “strives to democratize access to the best data on religion.” (Web site). Statistics and maps cover counties, states and the nation.
Help with using the many options available is located at: http://www.socialexplorer.com/help
Learn how to cite Social Explorer reports and maps via their citation guide.
For a full guide to Social Explorer, check out the Library Guide.
Census data: 1790+ Religion data: 1980, 1990, and 2000