Last Updated: Aug 22, 2019 3:23 PM
Produced by Springer Science & Business Media, Springer Protocols is the “world’s largest” collection of reproducible laboratory protocols in the Life and Biomedical Sciences. The database includes the protocols from all volumes of Methods in Molecular Biology and other Springer “Methods in . . .” series, the Springer Protocols Handbooks (e.g. Protein Protocols Handbook), as well as other sources, for a total of over 31,000 protocols. Approximately 2,000 new protocols are added each year. New content is added daily.
The database is browseable in 15 broad subject collections (Cell Biology, Genetics/Genomics, Protein Sciences, Biochemistry, Neurosciences, Immunology, Molecular Medicine, Microbiology, Neuroscience, Plant Sciences, Cancer Research, Pharmacology/Toxicology, Infectious Diseases, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, and Imaging/Radiology) or searchable by keyword, author, year of publication, and the original journal or book source. In addition to text protocols with illustrations, the database also includes a small, but growing collection of video protocols produced in collaboration with the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JOVE).
Users can create personal accounts in the database to enable new protocol alerts, RSS feeds, exporting and uploading protocols, and adding personal comments about individual protocols into the database.
Recently, Springer Protocols was reorganized into a larger protocol resource called Springer Nature Experiments, along with Nature Methods and Nature Protocols. You can access all protocols in Springer Protocols here, which will return a listing of all protocols, with the most recent listed first.
If you prefer to access (browse) individual resources of Springer Protocols separately, the direct URLs are listed below:
- Methods in Molecular Biology (1984-present)
- Methods in Molecular Medicine (1996-2008)
- Neuromethods (1985-present)
- Springer Protocols Handbooks (2009-present)
- Methods in Toxicology and Pharmacology (2001-present)
- Methods in Biotechnology (1997-2007)
1981 to present.
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Methods in Biotechnology (merged since 2007 with Methods in Molecular Biology)
- Methods in Molecular Medicine
- Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Springer Protocols Handbooks