20th Century Legal History: Law Sources
Westlaw sign in (law students only)
Use JLR database
FINDING CASES - useful fields
Synopsis, Digest (Sy,di)
KEY CITE - limit results
Document type (cases, articles)
Depth of Treatment - **** ***
Lexis Nexis sign in (Law students only)
Click on "Secondary" > "Law Reviews" > "Law Reviews Combined"
FINDING CASES - useful segments
SHEPARD'S - Restrict by
Focus - term
OTHER LEGAL DATABASES
These are a few databases to which the Law Library Subscribes. Access requires log-in with your UBIT user-name and password.
- LEGALTRACExcellent index to law review articles since 1980.
- INDEX TO LEGAL PERIODICALS - RETROSPECTIVEIndex to law review articles from 1918 to 1981
- HEIN ONLINEFull text pdf source for full run of most law reviews. Select "Law Journal Library."
- PROQUEST CONGRESSIONALExcellent source for U.S. legislative history documents, including historical items
- Law Review Commons"The Law Review Commons brings together a growing collection of law reviews and legal journals in an easily browsable and searchable format. It contains both current issues and archival content spanning over 100 years.
All Law Review Commons publications are made freely available online through their institutions’ bepress Digital Commons repositories...."
- Law Commons This link opens in a new windowThe Law Commons is part of the bepress Digital Commons Network. This searchable and browseable database provides free access to full-text law-related scholarly articles and other research from hundreds of universities and colleges worldwide. More InfoFull-Text PUBLIC