Environmental Law Research Guide: Welcome!
Welcome to the Environmental Law Research webguide!
Use this guide to:
- learn about state and federal sources of law from the courts, administrative agencies, and legislature,
- search through legal periodicals and indexes related to environmental law, and
- access links to our many resources in the law library's collection related to environmental law.
You will find the following pages in this guide:
- Primary Law: Federal and New York State resources related to environmental law
- Book and Treatises: Monographs and e-books in our collection
- Journal Articles : A brief introduction to searching e-journals and using journal databases
- Databases : Databases dealing with environmental issues
- Internet Sites: Administrative agency websites and external websites focused on environmental law sources.
See also: The Federal Environmental Law Guide (UB)
In addition to the Study Aids collection, there are other great resources for honing your environmental law knowledge.
Computer Assisted Legal Instruction, CALI, is available to all law students. (Don't have a log-in for CALI? Stop by the reference desk.)
The lessons are created by legal research instructors, and are focused on many different topics in environmental law.
Not quite ready to jump into the resources in the guide?
Want to brush up on your environmental law knowledge first?
Environmental Law Institute 2022 Summer School Series (Recorded Webinars)
June 2, 2022: An Introduction to Careers in Environmental Law and Policy
June 9, 2022: NEPA, ESA and Fundamentals of Environmental Law
June 16, 2022: Basics of the Clean Water Act
June 23, 2022: Basics of Land Use and Energy Law
June 30, 2022: Basics of the Clean Air Act
July 14, 2022: Law & Policy of Products Regulation
July 21, 2022: Hazardous Waste and Sites