Environmental Law Research Guide: Welcome!
Not quite ready to jump into the resources in the guide?
Want to brush up on your environmental law knowledge first?
The law library has an excellent collection of study aids. Feel free to browse the shelves next to the reference desks; below is a list of some of the titles we hold in the study aids collection:
Welcome to the Environmental Law Research webguide!
Use this guide to:
- learn about state and federal sources of law from the courts, administrative agencies, and legislature,
- search through legal periodicals and indexes related to environmental law, and
- access links to our many resources in the law library's collection related to environmental law.
You will find the following pages in this guide:
- Primary Law: Federal and New York State resources related to environmental law
- Book and Treatises: Monographs and e-books in our collection
- Journal Articles : A brief introduction to searching e-journals and using journal databases
- Online Materials : Databases dealing with environmental issues
- Internet Sites: Administrative agency websites and external websites focused on environmental law sources.
See also: The Federal Environmental Law Guide (UB)
In addition to the Study Aids collection, there are other great resources for honing your environmental law knowledge.
Computer Assisted Legal Instruction, CALI, is available to all law students. (Don't have a log-in for CALI? Stop by the reference desk.)
The lessons are created by legal research instructors, and are focused on many different topics in environmental law.