Civil Engineering Research: Equations
- Applied Mathematical and Physical Formulas - Pocket Reference (Industrial Press, 2007)
- Stress, Strain, and Structural Dynamics - An Interactive Handbook of Formulas, Solutions, and MATLAB Toolboxes (Elsevier, 2005)
- Construction Calculations Manual (Butterworth-Heinemann, 2012)
Knovel Interactive Equations
- Online Collection of Interactive Equations in Civil Engineering and Construction Materials
Covers structural engineering, code compliance, earth moving, green building, road construction and building with materials such as concrete, wood and steel. Of use to civil engineers designing structures and developing infrastructure projects including bridges, dams, pipelines, and roadways.
- Online Collection of Interactive Equations in General Engineering
Covers energy efficiency, fluid mechanics, mathematical functions, systems engineering, design of experiments, geographic information systems, new product development, and materials properties. Of use to all engineers requiring quick refreshers on fundamental engineering principles, definitions of specific terms, equations, and properties data about specific materials.
- Online Collection of Interactive Equations in Metals & Metallurgy
Covers properties of metal and metal-composite materials, corrosion resistance, forming and fabrication, heat treatment, surface coatings, working with powder materials, and testing for fatigue. Of use to materials scientists, metallurgists, and mechanical, aerospace and civil engineers seeking stronger metals with property requirements specific to each project.
Citation Management Software
UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers.
For help using EndNote, check out the EndNote Basics Guide here: https://research.lib.buffalo.edu/endnote-basics. The Guide contains descriptions of features, PDF downloads, and videos on how to use EndNote effectively.
For more help, contact Erin Rowley, Engineering Librarian, email@example.com.