Digital Scholarship @ UB: Workshops & Events
Digital Scholarship Workshops
2019-2020 Library Workshops
- ArcGIS StoryMaps (September 12, 2019)
- Data Visualization with R + ggplot2 (October 24, 2019)
- Intro to Network Analysis (November 12, 2019)
- [Spring 2020 Workshops TBA]
Would you like to request a workshop on a particular topic, tool, or digital scholarship method? Let us know!
Future workshops may also include: GitHub and Project Management; Storytelling with Timelines; Developing a Digital Project; and topics in Data Wrangling, Data Visualization, Digital Mapping, Network Analysis, or Web Publishing.
Digital Humanities & Digital Scholarship Events
2019-2020 Digital Humanities Research Workshops
Co-sponsored by the UB Humanities Institute and the Digital Scholarship Studio and Network, this event series brings together faculty, students, and technologists to share current digital research and discuss critical issues related to digital humanities and digital pedagogy.
- September 19, 2019: DHRW Inaugural Meeting - All are welcome!
- October 21, 2019: DHRW October Meeting - Discussion of 3D pedagogy, Martin Danahay (Brock University) presenting
- November 6, 2019: DHRW November Meeting - Open discussion of DH project challenges and failures
- [Spring 2020 events TBA]
2018-2019 "Digital Dialogues" Brown-Bag Series
This brown-bag lunch series highlights ongoing digital scholarship at UB by faculty, staff, and students.
- October 23-24, 2018: Heidi Dodson and Rachel Starry, UB Libraries
- December 3, 2018: Neil Coffee, Classics, and Kevin Garstki, Anthropology [View December recording]
- January 29, 2019: Michael Frisch, History, and Zoé Hamstead, Urban & Regional Planning [View January recording]
- February 26, 2019: Jeff Good, Linguistics, and Nikolaus Wasmoen, English [View February recording]
- March 26, 2019: Melanie Sage, School of Social Work [View March recording]
- April 30, 2019: Danielle Rosvally, Theatre & Dance, and Sarah Handley-Cousins, History [View April recording; view April presentation slides]