Electrical Engineering Research: Handbooks & Encyclopedias
- Comprehensive Semiconductor Science and Technology (Elsevier, 2011)
The six volumes that comprise this encyclopedia are broadly divided into three main sections: Section 1: Physics / Fundamental Theory; Section 2: Chemistry / Preparation; and Section 3: Devices / Applications.
- Comprehensive Nanoscience and Technology (Elsevier, 2011)
This five-volume encyclopedia focuses on the major classes of nanomaterials in terms of their synthesis, structure, and applications.
- Encyclopedia of Electrochemical Power Sources (Elsevier, 2009)
This encyclopedia provides a description of the fundamental design and function of different types of electrochemical power sources, as well as the materials and components used in their construction and manufacture.
- Encyclopedia of Thermal Packaging (World Scientific, 2013)
This six-volume encyclopedia covers the techniques, tools, applications, and configurations of electronic thermal packaging.
- Encyclopedia of Materials Science & Technology
Eleven-volume encyclopedia providing comprehensive coverage of topics in materials science and technology with a particular focus on functional phenomena, structural phenomena, fundamental core theory, structural materials, polymers and materials chemistry, and functional materials.
Selected Online Handbooks
- Electrical Engineering Handbook (Elsevier, 2005)
- Electrical Distribution Engineering (Fairmont Press, 3rd edition, 2007)
- Electricity Cost Modeling Calculations (Elsevier, 2011)
- Fuel Cell Handbook (US Dept. of Energy, 7th edition, 2004)
- Fundamental Optical Design (SPIE, 2001)
- Intermediate Optical Design (SPIE, 2004)
- Power Electronics Handbook (Elsevier, 4th edition, 2018)
- Physics of Solar Cells: From Basic Principles to Advanced Concepts (Wiley, 3rd edition, 2016 )
Synthesis E-Lecture Series
The Synthesis E-Lecture series provides online access to "born digital" books. You can search by keyword or you can browse by series. Below are the "lecture series" that relate to electrical engineering. Books can be downloaded or printed out in their entirety. UB has access to most, but not all, of the books available in Synthesis.
Citation Management Software
UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers.
For help using EndNote, click here for the EndNote Basics Guide here. The Guide contains descriptions of features, PDF downloads, and videos on how to use EndNote effectively.
For more help, contact Erin Rowley, Engineering Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.