Factiva User Guide: Results Screen
A guide dedicated to navigating and searching the Factiva news database.Last Updated: Apr 19, 2021 7:23 PM
Hover over each number for a brief tour of the results screen. Further information can be found below the image.
- Search summary: provides summary of all fields and keywords used in your search.
- Modify Search: use this button to jump back to Search Builder and edit your search.
- Result type: groups results by type. Click each link to change from default of Publications.
- Export bar: use buttons to export articles in a variety of formats. See Export & Share tab for more information.
- Date: graphical display of the results in daily increments. The Date graph can also be used to narrow results.
- Discovery Pane: populated with filters which provide a unique visualization of your results, and which you can use to narrow or refocus your search.
- Companies: 10 companies most cited.
- Executives: 10 most mentioned executives.
- Authors: Top 10 authors.
- Industries: 10 most relevant industries .
- Keywords: Top Keywords from the top 100 articles.
- Regions: 10 most cited regions.
- Subjects: 10 most cited subjects.
- Sources: Top 10 sources.
- Checkbox: check the box next to any article you want to export or print.
- Article title: click on the article title to bring the full text up in the right-hand reading panel.