Geographic Information Systems (GIS): International GIS Data
This guide describes how the UB Community can obtain ArcGIS Softwareand access free tutorial course offerings. Sources for GIS data are included in this guide.Last Updated: Apr 22, 2022 10:59 AM
International GIS Data
- World Bank Data Catalog. International geospatial data from World Bank Group. As of June 2020, 751 datasets are available in raster and vector format.
- Global Human Settlement Layer (GHSL). Open data and tools hosted by the European Commission.
- GeoGratis (Natural Resources Canada)
- Open Government of Canada. Data, shapefiles for Canada.
- Canada's Spatial Data Infrastructure (Natural Resources Canada). Data, aerial and satellite imagery, shapefiles.
European GIS Data
- European Union: Eurostat GISCO. European Union's Geographic Information System of the Commission.
- Germany: Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy. Free digital downloads of geodata and maps, as well as options to purchase additional products. In German.
- Great Britain: Open Geography Portal (Office for National Statistics). Free and open access to story maps and GIS data.
- Spain: National Geographic Institute. Includes thematic maps and GIS data for Spain. In Spanish.