Constitutional Law: Databases, Blogs, MP3s and More
DATABASES - Constitutional Law
The Avalon project at Yale Law School : documents in law, history and diplomacy http://avalon.law.yale.edu/default.asp
Database of full text documents from history. Search by category or keyword. See, The American Constitution -- A Documentary Record http://avalon.law.yale.edu/subject_menus/constpap.asp
World Constitutions Illustrated HeinOnline https://research.lib.buffalo.edu/heinonline
Constitute (Google & Comparative Constitutions Project)
-- Exploring World's Constitutions
AUDIO CASE FILES
UB Law Faculty Publications - Constitutional Law
Many UB Law Faculty members have written on Constitutional Law topics.
Journal & Law Review Articles - Constitutional Law
Search these legal periodical indexes to identify relevant articles. Be creative with your search terms. Try very general as well as specific searches.
Online Legal Periodical Indexes:
- Index to Legal Periodicals and Books Retrospective (1918-1981
- LegalTrac (also Westlaw* and Lexis*, but known as Legal Resource Index (LRI))(1980 - present)
Online Indexes with Quickest CURRENT coverage:
- SSRN (Social Science Research Network)(2000s-present) Working papers, accepted papers.
Indexes in paper format:
- Index to Legal Periodical Literature K 9 N319 (ref)(1888-1939)
- Index to Legal Periodicals K9 N32 (Ref) (1926-1994)
- Index to Legal Periodicals & Books K9 N32 (Ref) (1994-present)
- Annual Legal Bibliography K 38 H365 (Ref) (1960-1981)
- Subject Compilations of State Laws KF 240 S795 (Ref) (1960 - present) Identify law review articles and books that cite to state statutes on specific topics.
Online Indexes with Foreign & International Coverage
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals (1985 - present)
- Legal Journals Index (LJI) on Westlaw* only (1986-present) (UK & Europe)
Indexes in paper format with Foreign & International Coverage
- Public International Law JZ 5 P83 (Ref) (1975-2000, 2006-present)
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals K33 I38 (Ref) (1960-present)
- Szladits' Bibliography on Foreign and Comparative Law K38 B536 (Ref) (1984-1998)
You can also find relevant articles and other scholarly information by searching other online databases available at UB.
*Westlaw/Lexis access is restricted to law students only
Blogs are a great way to stay on top of recent changes and current trends. Because they are updated regularly, sometimes daily, blogs usually contain articles and summaries of the most up-to-date issues, along with commentary and links to audio and visual material.