Consumer Law: Getting Started
Where is that book?
When using the Online Catalog, be sure to note the LOCATION and CALL# for any desired book.
If it is in the Law Library, consult the Call Number Locator to discover the floor where it will be shelved.
If it's Not in the Law Library...
Use Delivery+ (Delivery Plus)
(formerly known as Illiad)
to have a book delivered to the Law Library for you.
This includes books and other materials located:
-on another UB campus
-in the Annex (UB off-site storage site)
-in another library anywhere
Get a Book UB Does not Own
SIGN UP FOR "Delivery+" (UB’s Inter-Library Loan Service) (formerly known as ILLIAD)
Use this service to order books, articles and other materials that are not available in the UB Law Library.
This service can also be used to have materials delivered from the Abbott Library (South Campus) and the Annex (off-campus storage).
Online catalogs to search for books (including e-books):
- Catalog (UB Libraries)
- Classic Catalog (UB Libraries)
- WorldCat... (search thousands of library collections simultaneously)
- WorldCat.org (free version)
- Other Online Catalogs from Western NY and around the world
- Google Book Search
- Google Book Search Advanced
See more information under the E-Books tab of the "Research Tools" guide.
Journal & Law Review Indexes
Search these legal periodical indexes to identify relevant articles. Be creative with your search terms. Try very general as well as specific searches.
Online Legal Periodical Indexes:
Index to Legal Periodicals and Books (journals 1981-present; books 2000 to present)
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP)[Table of Contents Service] on Westlaw* only (most recent 8 weeks)
- SSRN (Social Science Research Network)(2000s-present) Working papers, accepted papers.