Materials Science & Engineering Research: Handbooks & Encyclopedias
- Encyclopedia of Materials Science & Technology
Eleven-volume encyclopedia providing comprehensive coverage of topics in materials science and technology with a particular focus on functional phenomena, structural phenomena, fundamental core theory, structural materials, polymers and materials chemistry, and functional materials.
- Comprehensive Biomaterials II, 2nd edition
Seven-volume online encyclopedia that addresses the current status of nearly all biomaterials in the field, their strengths and weaknesses, their future prospects, appropriate analytical methods and testing, device applications and performance, emerging candidate materials as competitors and disruptive technologies, research and development, regulatory management, commercial aspects, and applications, including medical applications.
- Comprehensive Nanoscience and Technology
Five-volume encyclopedia focusing on the major classes of nanomaterials in terms of their synthesis, structure, and applications.
- Encyclopedia of Chemical Physics and Physical Chemistry
Three-volume encyclopedia covering the application of physics to chemistry including important experimental and computational techniques and applications.
- Comprehensive Semiconductor Science and Technology
The six volumes are broadly divided into three main sections 1: Physics/Fundamental Theory; 2: Chemistry/Preparation; and 3: Devices/Applications.
- Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry
Detailed articles covering all areas related to chemical technology.
Composite Materials Handbook (MIL-HDBK-17)
- Vol. 1 - Properties and Selection: Irons, Steels, and High-Performance Alloys
- Vol. 2 - Properties and Selection: Non-Ferrous Alloys and Special-Purpose Materials
- Vol. 3 - Alloy Phase Diagrams
- Vol. 4 - Heat Treating
- Vol. 5 - Surface Engineering
- Vol. 6 - Welding, Brazing, and Soldering
- Vol. 6A - Welding Fundamentals and Processing
- Vol. 7 - Powder Metal Technologies and Applications
- Vol. 8 - Mechanical Testing and Evaluation
- Vol. 9 - Metallography and Microstructures
- Vol. 10 - Materials Characterization
- Vol. 11 - Failure Analysis and Prevention
- Vol. 12 - Fractography
- Vol. 13A - Corrosion: Fundamentals, Testing, and Protection
- Vol. 13B - Corrosion: Materials
- Vol. 13C - Corrosion: Environments and Industries
- Vol. 14A - Metalworking: Bulk Forming
- Vol. 14B - Metalworking: Sheet Forming
- Vol. 15 - Casting
- Vol. 16 - Machining
- Vol. 17 - Nondestructive Evaluation and Quality Control
- Vol. 18 - Friction, Lubrication, and Wear Technology
- Vol. 19 - Fatigue and Fracture
- Vol. 20 - Materials Selection and Design
- Vol. 21 - Composites
- Vol. 22A - Fundamentals of Modeling for Metals Processing
- Vol. 22B - Metals Process Simulation
- Vol. 23 - Materials for Medical Devices
Citation Management Software
UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers.
For help using EndNote, check out the EndNote Basics Guide here: https://research.lib.buffalo.edu/endnote-basics. The Guide contains descriptions of features, PDF downloads, and videos on how to use EndNote effectively.
For more help, contact Erin Rowley, Engineering Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org.