Materials Science & Engineering Research: Materials Genome Initiative
Websites & Other Online Resources
- NIST Materials Genome Initiative: Gateway to Materials Genome Information
- White House Materials Genome Initiative website
- National Science Foundation RFP for Designing Materials to Revolutionize and Engineer our Future (DMREF)
Selected Readings in Materials Informatics
- White House White Paper on Materials Genome Initiative for Global Competitiveness (June 2011)
- Informatics for Materials Science and Engineering: Data-Driven Discovery for Accelerated Experimentation and Application (K. Rajan, Elsevier, 2013)
- Hierarchical Materials Informatics: Novel Analytics for Materials Data (S.R. Kalidindi, Elsevier, 2015)
- Integrated Computational Materials Engineering: A Transformational Discipline for improved Competitiveness and National Security (National Academies Press, 2008)
- Models, Databases, and Simulation Tools Needed for the Realization of Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ASM International, 2011)
- The Annual Review of Materials Research covers the significant developments in the field of materials research, including original methodologies, materials phenomena, material systems, and special keynote topics.
- Review articles on materials informatics published in Annual Reviews:
- Materials Data Science: Current Status and Future Outlook (S.R. Kalidindi and M. De Graef, July 2015)
- Materials Informatics: The Materials “Gene” and Big Data (K. Rajan, July 2015)
- Combinatorial Materials Sciences: Experimental Strategies for Accelerated Knowledge Discovery (K. Rajan, August 2008)
- Presentations given at The Materials Informatics Workshop: Theory and Applications held at the Materials Science & Technology 2006 Conference in Cincinnati, Ohio, in 2006, are publicly accessible from this website.
Citation Management Software
UB has a site license to EndNote, software that allows you to collect, store, organize, retrieve, and automatically format references to journal articles, books, patents, and more in your papers.
For help using EndNote, check out the EndNote Basics Guide here: https://research.lib.buffalo.edu/endnote-basics. The Guide contains descriptions of features, PDF downloads, and videos on how to use EndNote effectively.
For more help, contact Erin Rowley, Engineering Librarian, email@example.com.