New York City Program in Finance & Law -Basic Resources: Search the Web
Searching the Internet
Don’t just plop a word or phrase into Google and wade through the results — be a Google Power User!
Specialized Internet Search Engines
- Fee Fie Foe Firm (law firm website/blog search engine)
- LEXISWeb.com (search engine of legal websites - free)
- Dragnet: Search of Free Legal Databases (NY Law School)
Organizations, Associations, Government
- SEC’s EDGAR database (Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval). See also: SEC Info provides some enhanced functionality.
- Bank for International Settlements, International Swaps and Derivatives Association, FINRA, World Federation of Exchanges, Federal Reserve Bulletin
Very Useful! UB provides access to some of the resources listed in these guides, but not all of them. Please see a librarian if you'd like to locate something!