Physics: Databases & Journals
On this Page
- Databases & Journals
- Publications from Professional Organizations
- Additional Resources
- New Resources & Books
Databases & Journals
Use databases to find journals, preprint articles, published articles, conference proceedings, patents, technical reports and other e-publications.
The most frequently used physics databases are listed below.
Publications from Professional Organizations
- Set up a profile! In your account options, select "library links" to double-check that you are connected to UB (choose: University at Buffalo Libraries - View it @ UB) You may also create an alert in Scholar. Click the envelope icon near "create alert."
- If you run across a journal title that isn't familiar...make sure to check the title to confirm that it is a trusted peer-reviewed journal (and not a predatory journal). Use Ulrichsweb: Global Serials Directory
- View articles, theses, conference papers, etc. indexed to UB authors
This is a collection of key textbooks and monographs in particle physics and neighboring fields which have been converted to Open Access (free and available in full text online) through partnership with leading scientific publishers and the supporters of SCOAP3 for Books (UB is a funding member).
Examples of books in this collection:
- Accelerator Physics (4th Ed)
- Advanced Concepts in Particle and Field Theory
- The Black Book of Quantum Chromodynamics
These blog posts provide a quick and solid overview of scientific literature.
This article teaches a logical and orderly approach to reading a scientific publication.
In this Science column, researchers share their tips and tricks for reading scientific articles.