Social Work: Top Resources
On this Page
- Top Resources
- Video & Sound Recordings
- Tests & Measurements
- APA Style Guide
Use these resources to discover journal articles and other publications to support your research.
If you are unsure of where to start, contact your librarian (Amanda McCormick) or visit this tutorial created by UB Libraries.
START YOUR RESEARCH HERE:
UB LIBRARIES (library.buffalo.edu)
- Enter your search into the white box on the middle of the page, click go, and sort results. (Please view the first tutorial under the "Tutorials & Assistance" tab for a refresher.)
- On the results page, use the filters on the left-hand side of the page to filter.
- Because this is a comprehensive search, you will likely get many results - but use the results to help you get familiar with your research topic.
DATABASES (Social Work)
- APA PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowPsychology, psychiatry, social work & related disciplines. More Info
Partial Full-Text UB ONLY
- Social Work Abstracts This link opens in a new windowSocial work & human services-related research. More InfoPartial Full-Text UB ONLY
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowComprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database. More InfoFull-Text UB ONLY
- Gale OneFile: Psychology This link opens in a new windowProvides access to over 950 journal titles including print, video and images, with a strong emphasis on full-text. More InfoUB ONLY
Video & Sound Recordings
The UB Libraries support a rich collection of video and sound recordings produced by the American Psychological Association and other publishers. These recordings present real and simulated clinical sessions. They offer a unique opportunity to see and hear the luminaries of the field (e.g., Aaron Beck, Albert Ellis, Virginia Satir) as well as ordinary practitioners in action.
Video: Please check the UB Catalog for availability. The loan period for the physical materials is 10 days.
Sound: The sound recordings may be accessed by clicking the link below.
Streaming: The streaming video may be accessed by using the link to Counseling and Psychotherapy in Video, also below.
Counseling and Psychotherapy in Video, Sound & Streaming
by Amanda McCormick Last Updated Aug 25, 2022 72 views this year
Streaming Video and Audio
by Laura Taddeo Last Updated Feb 16, 2023 1492 views this year
Tests & Measurements
For a detailed overview of tests and measurements, please visit the resource guide listed here:
Tests & Measurements
by Amanda McCormick Last Updated May 25, 2023 110 views this year
Very helpful and detailed guide to the world of reviews.
Includes tutorials and help pages for the APA style guide. Presented by the APA.
A guide showing practical examples of how to use the APA Style Guide.
Liaison to CAS Biology, Chemistry, Physics & Psychology
Liaison to School of Social Work
Schedule an appointment with me: https://tinyurl.com/25vdy7t2; also email/call