Social Work: Library Resources
On this Page
- There is an article/book that I need to read for my research, but UB doesn't own it . . . Delivery+
- How do I store and organize my references? . . . Citation Management (Endnote)
- Is there an easier way to access article PDFs? . . . Alternative Access to Articles
- I want to browse through issues of Nature . . . Browzine
- I need to prepare a data management plan for my research results . . . Research Data Management
- Help! . . . UB Libraries' Research Guides
- How do I find the full text of articles? . . . Finding Full Text advice
Delivery+ is a free delivery service for UB faculty, staff and students.
Use the Everything Search to request library materials at any UB library, any SUNY library or from libraries anywhere in the world. Request options will be displayed under Get It or How to Get It.
EndNote is a citation manager that enables you to:
- Create a library of references. You can add references manually or retrieve them from a database or library catalog.
- Store and organize your references.
- Cite While You Write in Microsoft Word. This means that you can insert in-text citations and generate a formatted bibliography as you write your papers in Word.
- Collaborate with co-authors to compile references and cite them.
The UB Libraries EndNote page provides an excellent guide to EndNote Basics.
Download ENDNOTE (available to UB's academic community)
Alternative Access to Articles
If you search for scholarly publications from off-campus or using tools like Google Scholar, you can use a browser plug-in to help locate the full text of the articles you need. The best part? These plug-ins are FREE (and some can connect to UB subscriptions too)!
Explore your options in the Alternative Access to Articles Guide.
Research Data Management
Research Guides (aka Libguides) are prepared by UB librarians and organize UB resources by topic or academic discipline. Search all Available Topics or Search by Academic Subject. If you are unsure of where to start, contact your librarian (Amanda McCormick).
A few recommended guides for the sciences:
Finding Full Text
If you need a refresher on how to find the full text of articles, please take a look at this guide: Finding Full Text
Many methods are discussed:
- Accessing full text through a UB Libraries database
- Accessing full text using a browser plugin
- Requesting an article using Delivery+
- Linking Google Scholar and UB Libraries
- Using a DOI or PMID to find an article
Natural Sciences Librarian & Social Work Librarian
Liaison to College of Arts and Sciences Dept's of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Physics & Psychology
Liaison to the School of Social Work
I am available via email, phone, or by appointment via Zoom or WebEx. Please do not hesitate to contact me!
Virtual Stress Relief from UB Libraries