Basic Research Tools: Keeping Current: News, Blogs & Alerts
Search Blog Content
Law Blog Search Engines
- Justia BlawgSearch
- Law Professor Blogs Network
- Blawg Directory (ABA Journal)
- Custom Google Search of Canadian Law Firms, Blogs and Journal Websites (Ted Tjaden
Law Blog Lists
Law Blog Archive
- Legal Blawg Archive (Law Library of Congress)
"The Law Library of Congress began harvesting legal blawgs in 2007.... Blawgs can also be retrieved by keywords or browsed by subject, name, or title."
Set Up Alerts
Many databases, news sites, and blogs offer directions for setting up automatic alerts.
Keep up-to-date with alerts sent to e-mail or to your RSS feed reader.
Current Awareness Tutorial
- Current Awareness & Alerting Services (CALI lesson-ask at reference desk for sign-on info)
Search the News
News Databases & Links
LexisNexis (Law Students only)
Westlaw (Law Students only)
- Factiva (UB only)
- New York Times (1851-2013) with Index (1851-1993)
- Chicago Defender (1910-1975) (UB only)
News & Other Media (UB only) (UB only)
- Best Basic Resources: News Articles (UB Research Guide)
Find out if specific journals or newspapers are available in full text at UB:
UB’s Electronic Journals Lookup
--type in title of the publication, NOT title of the article!