Buffalo and Western New York in Maps: Beyond Erie & Niagara Counties
This guide summarizes UB Libraries' local map holdings, and provides an extensive list of digitized maps for the region, as well as additional sources. Please note this consolidates two local map guides previously hosted on the UB Libraries' website.Last Updated: Mar 15, 2022 12:06 PM
Local and Regional Links
Online Maps Beyond Erie and Niagara (Selected List)
State and Regional
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Map Collection
- New York State Department of Transportation Interactive Maps
- New York State Bureau of Historic Sites
- New York State Thruway Authority. Maps and information.
Other Maps in WNY Counties
- Brock University Map Library. Collection of regional maps and map resources; some maps online.
- Local History Collection (Niagara Falls (Ontario) Public Library). Maps and other cartographic materials available; emphasis on Niagara Falls Ontario and the Niagara Peninsula. Dates from 18th century on.
- Census of Canada Mapping (Brock University). Includes Niagara region maps and other.
- Ontario Counties, 1880 Map of. Digitized atlas. Select a county, township, or town and view the facsimile map.
Other Local Sources for Maps